Location and Job Title:
Building Services Support, Palm Beach Gardens
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
Perform event set-up and upkeep of the Palm Beach Gardens campus, including routine activities such as light cleaning, event set-up, light maintenance working under the supervision of the Building Services Manager. Work schedule is generally 30-40 hours during each week Sunday - Saturday as directed by work schedule and deadlines. Travel between JCC locations may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arranges all room/function setups, including safely moving chairs, tables, garbage cans, all audio/video equipment and setting up portable stages;
- Performs light cleaning of the whole campus, including emptying garbage cans, wiping down bathrooms, keeping paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, and soap dispensers full;
- Performs minor construction work, including building shelves, hanging dispensers, and reconfiguring office space as determined by Building Services Manager;
- Handles light plumbing for facility including repairing toilets, sinks and showers;
- Performs related special projects and tasks needed to maintain buildings;
- Requisitions supplies or equipment used in cleaning, maintenance and construction duties;
- Informs supervisor of irregularities, maintenance repair issues, safety and security issues, and any possible problems or related matters in a timely manner as needed;
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements;
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines;
- Responsible for maintaining positive, courteous and professional relationships with all JCC staff, parents and families, supervisors, officers and board members, sponsors, donors, other agency personnel and community members;
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor according to agency needs.
- Two to three years' successful, progressive track record in a facilities maintenance;
- Construction and Plumbing experience highly preferred;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency;
- Clean medical examination report following a post-offer health physical is required;
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions;
- Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits and general maintenance;
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions;
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them to the appropriate people for resolution;
- Position requires frequent travel in the local area. Must have a reliable vehicle, and requires maintaining a valid Florida State drivers' license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable agency insurance.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires safely lifting and moving chairs, tables, platforms, audio equipment ranging in weight from 5 lbs to 300 lbs, using hand trucks, other provided safety-assistance devices, including requesting additional assistance prior to moving or lifting any excessively heavy and/or awkward object;
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling, and occasional climbing on ladders or appropriate construction equipment;
- Frequent exposure to moderate to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles from cleaning solvents and other construction-related products.
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches mission is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.
A committed and diverse community helps the JCC achieve its top priorities of:
- Connecting families to Jewish life
- Healthy living
- High-quality Jewish cultural arts
- Connecting people to Israel
- Reaching out to the broader community
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual.The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.