Location and Job Title:
Pilates Instructor, Part-Time
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: DOE / Part-time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Aquatics, Fitness & Sport, the Pilates Instructor leads specialized classes in a safe manner that follow the J's policies and guidelines. The Instructor provides professional, engaging, challenging, fitness-based sessions to a wide variety of skill/physical levels.
The J is seeking a friendly, knowledgeable, and creative Pilates instructor! If you are passionate, personable, dedicated, and LOVE Pilates we want you to join our team!
- Current Pilates Certification with a minimum of 450 hours of experience or equivalent.
- Experience teaching group mat classes.
- Experience teaching one on one and group Pilates sessions.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective reformer instruction .
- Broad range of experience, including working with seniors and athletes .
- Able to create comprehensive training programs built around clients individual needs and goals.
- Strong awareness of anatomy and biomechanics.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications must stay current.
- Desire to build a successful business in an entrepreneurial environment .
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be physically fit to the level of demonstrating the movements and assisting clients and members.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. (fitness equipment) as required.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your resume. NO PHONE CALLS
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.