Location and Job Title:
Member Support Representative
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Member Support Staffers play a key role in welcoming members to the JCC by helping them to settle into and engage with new entry and security protocols, particularly those new protocols established to address Covid-19 Shelter in Place Orders and California Phased Opening requirements.This role's mission is to create a safe and welcoming environment for the community that fosters the well-being of all people and is rooted in Jewish values and traditions.
Essential Functions will include but will not be limited to:
- Meet, greet, and provide information to every member/guest requesting access to the facility.
- Check-in guests with reservations for pool/fitness/tennis facilities using the automated reservation system.
- Confirm health eligibility consisting of CDC quick symptom check, take body temperature using touchless infrared thermometer and record results.
- Conduct health ineligible members/guests to contact trace checkpoints and isolated egress points to facilitate safe exit.
- Assist members/guests by providing wayfinding services and information.
- Manage the fitness areas by providing support for equipment use and monitoring for safety.
- Maintain a clean work environment by conducting frequent cleaning of surrounding areas and other areas, as instructed.
* Perform other duties as required or directed by Management and/or as business dictates.
- Strong customer service experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to follow changing directives and communicate impacts clearly and effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team in conjunction with all levels and departments of the JCC and our community
- Maintain confidential information at all times
- Demonstrate superior communication skills both verbally and written
- Be highly comfortable with various web applications/portals and device technologies including Smartphones, Tablets and Windows based computer applications.
- Maintain a can-do, friendly, supportive demeanor at all times
- Maintain a commitment to service through a Jewish lens.
- 1 year of demonstrated excellence in Customer Service (preferred)
- Understands the importance of administrative and safety procedures
- Demonstrated effective communication skills - both verbally and written
- Consistent positive attitude (required)
- "Can-Do!" work ethic
- Ability to multi-task through competing priorities
- Generally, Monday through Friday during business hours - will require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds, when necessary
- Community Center, pool, tennis and fitness environment
- Ability to sit or stand (alternately) for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on computer/phones for extended periods of time
- Ability to navigate the facility by walking, use of assisted mobility device, climbing stairs or use of elevator, while conversing with members, co-workers and guests.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.