Location and Job Title:
Community Pool Lifeguard
Kings Bay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Lifeguard is responsible for assisting in aquatic guarding and instruction as needed at the Kings Bay YM-YWHA. This position receives direct supervision from the Director of Phys. Ed. and Aquatics Buildings Manager and exercises no supervision over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
Provide life-guarding services. Respond to emergency situations and if necessary administer CPR/First Aid.
Prepare and submit accident/incident reports.
Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
Create a positive experience for patrons through professional and courteous behavior.
Practice safe work habits and contribute to the safety of self, co-workers, and the general public.
Respect diversity in the workplace. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Safe aquatic practices. Tools, materials, and equipment needed to maintain swimming pools.
Principles of group dynamics and group interaction.
Emergency procedures and accident site management. Basic office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Identify and prevent hazards, implement solutions, and maintain safe environments.
- Follow written and oral instructions; speak clearly and concisely, in English.
- Interpret, explain, follow and apply organizational and state policies and written instructions.
- Communicate courteously and cooperatively with other staff and the general public, on the telephone or in-person, including handling difficult or irate people.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other staff members, program participants, and the general public.
- Assume a schedule of flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Work in a group or individual situation, with minimum supervision.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance.
Licenses, Certificates, and Other Requirements:
- Maintain current CPR, First Aid certifications
- Must wear the required uniform while on duty
Spring: Attend mandatory staff training and complete online trainings
Summer: 8:15AM - 4:30PM (General Hours) for 8-9 weeks/ June 28, 2022 to Aug 26, 2022
Kings Bay YM-YWHA strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals, families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn.
From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a successful full-service community center, to our more recent inroads in Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.