Location and Job Title:
Chaverim (Travel Camp) Director
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Maritza Mannino at firstname.lastname@example.org
The JCC Camps at Medford is currently seeking applicants for the role of Chaverim Director. The Chaverim director will oversee the travel program for 7th & 8th graders and manage all aspects of the program including pre-season trip planning, camper and staff management, trip execution, etc. The Chaverim Director serves as a member of the Leadership Team.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Off-Season Responsibilities
- Plan travel calendar in partnership with camp administration team
- Assist with staff interviews. Conducting interviews to hire travel staff and fill open positions at camp
- Attend at least one open house
- Assist with off-season events when available such as t-shirt pick up, fall and spring events, etc.
- Attend leadership team meetings and required staff orientations prior to the start of the camp season.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule all day trips
- Work in partnership with the Associate Camp Director and Program Administrator to complete trip bookings
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely fashion
- Ensure attendance for both campers and staff is submitted daily and on time.
- Assist with reconciling monthly credit card
- Staff Management
- Provide direct supervision of approximately 10 staff members
- Meet routinely with staff to inform of important camp updates
- Provide routine and constructive feedback aimed to help staff members grow in their role at camp
- Complete fair and equitable mid-season and end of summer evaluations of staff.
- Facilitate staff trainings during orientation which will include sessions on staff expectations, regulations, camper behavior management, etc.
- Camper Management
- Assist counselors in managing camper behavior
- When necessary, utilize support from the Camp Director & Care Team to help in managing camper behaviors and situations
- In partnership with the Health Center, manage camper medications and basic first aid when necessary
- Parent Communication
- Communicate daily with camp families providing pertinent information on daily trips and expectations
- Respond in a timely fashion to parent questions and concerns
The JCC Camps at Medford enriches the lives of children by teaching values and life skills in a fun, safe, inclusive Jewish environment while building confidence, sharing successes, and creating lasting friendships and memories. Each summer, the JCC Camps at Medford proudly welcomes over 1,400 campers to its 120-acre property located in Medford, NJ while hiring over 500 staff to ensure a high quality program and camper safety and well-being.