You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Camp JCC Lead Aquatics Instructor
Greater Raleigh JCC /Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh
David R. Kahn Community Campus
12804 Norwood Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Stefanie Shapiro at email@example.com
Camp JCC is seeking a qualified, energetic, and compassionate candidate as a Lead Aquatics Instructor for summer
2023. This position is responsible for planning camp swim lessons, assessing camper swim abilities for group placement and managing a team of swim instructors. The position requires an ability to manage day-to-day interactions with children in grades K-4, a
strong ability to work collaboratively with the Camp JCC team, and the capacity to be flexible.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of 3-4 swim instructors
- Perform weekly assessment of swimmers' skills and place in instructional groups
- Adapt small-group instruction to the needs of campers with varying intellectual and physical abilities
- Provide a thoughtful plan for weekly swim lessons based on the ability of that week's campers.
- Serve as a positive role model in the camp community
- Manage risk, supervise participants, and model safe best practices while working
- Other duties as assigned by camp leadership
- Applicant must be available to work Monday through Thursday , June 19 through August 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Experience teaching swim lessons to children ages 5-9
- Organized, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Must take initiative, be self-directed, and capable of independently identifying and solving problems
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well with both children and adults
- Pass a required background check
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Raleigh is the central hub of Jewish
life in Wake County and surrounding areas. The Jewish Federation
includes our agencies: Jewish Family Services, Jewish Community Center,
Jewish Community Relations Council, and the Jewish Community Foundation,
and a host of program and services to engage and care for the
community. To learn more about Camp JCC visit raleighcaryjcc.org.