Location and Job Title:
School Age Administrative Assistant/Staff Person
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Work Schedule: Part-Time, 29 hours per weekOverview:
Provide excellent organizational, clerical, and computer skills to assist program director in maintaining program paperwork and proper staffing at all sites. Use good written and oral communication skills to assist director in providing consistent and timely communication to school age families. Support in the classroom as necessary to supervise children to maintain ratios.
- High School Diploma
- Three years of secretarial experience
- Outstanding computer and word processing skills, specifically with Word, Excel, Publisher and any other software systems.
- Maintain up-to-date files for program staff and enrolled children
- Assist Human Resources Director in maintaining SAC employee data base
- Maintain a current SAC waitlist and mail and receive annual waitlist update forms
- Assist director in making admissions phone calls and in filling classroom openings
- Assist director in regular family communications through phone calls, e-mails, and Google groups
- Assist director in maintaining current documents, including updating Family and Staff Handbooks
- Provide secretarial support for all school age written documents and communications
- Provide excellent customer service to SAC families, JCC members, guests, and staff by adhering to the JCC Code of Conduct and the JCC Code of Caring.
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership, programs, events and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
- Substitute staff member to assist to maintain ratios when needed at all three locations.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming