Location and Job Title:
Evening Program Coordinator - Camp Seneca Lake
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
The Evening Programs Coordinator is responsible, from a creative and logistics standpoint, for the implementation of bunk nights, village nights, Program Unit Programs, and All Camp Programs. The primary focus of this job is to support the Village and Program Area Staff in creating thematic and logistically sound Evening programs for their campers. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director. Additional responsibilities as directed by the Assistant Director.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Driver's License required
- Lifeguard certification preferred
- Must be experienced in camp programs, dependable, and flexible
- 21+ years old preferred
- Serve as Senior Staff member.
- Be responsible for the general health and safety of all campers and staff.
- Establish an atmosphere in which campers feel secure, happy, and included.
- Supervise campers under their immediate care at all time.
- Ensure campers and staff adhere to camp rules.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Participate in all camp activities and supervisory initiatives.
- Cooperate with all other staff regarding matters of rules, safety, and program.
- Other duties as assigned by CSL Director, Assistant Directors, and Program Area Leader
Dates: Must be available for the entirety of the dates listed below.
- Senior Staff Orientation begins June 17th, 2021
- Camp season ends August 18th, 2021
- Other mandatory training dates TBD
- Approximately (7) paid days off during the Camp season
- Full time hours including days, nights and weekends
- Competitive pay plus Room and Board
- Complimentary JCC membership included!
Come join the team at Camp Seneca Lake, (Finger Lakes Region) the residential summer camp of the JCC of Greater Rochester!