Location and Job Title:
Social Media Coordinator
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Reports To: Director of Marketing
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for developing social media campaigns and initiatives designed to grow and engage the MJCCA's online audience. The Coordinator will create and publish content across multiple social networks and will monitor and manage engagement.
This position requires an organized, creative thinker with attention to detail, who embraces new technologies and is able to collaborate effectively across all departments. The ideal candidate has a talent for identifying relevant stories, engagement opportunities, and corporate messages and communicating them in an entertaining and appropriate way to further build and engage the MJCCA's online presence and community.
- Maintain and grow the MJCCA's social media presence by developing and executing innovative paid and organic campaigns for multiple departments (including the overall agency, MJCCA Day Camps, Camp Barney Medintz, preschools and other programs) across multiple channels (including, but not limited, to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube)
- Manage the social media advertising budget in concert with the marketing managers
- Work collaboratively with MJCCA staff to collect, create and publish a variety of content with the goal of increasing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and engagement, and ultimately, improving member retention and acquisition
- Build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the MJCCA by engaging staff and volunteers and by working with influencers
- Keep current on social media, email marketing trends and emerging digital technologies, bringing best practices from both the for-profit and non-profit world
- Regularly analyze audience and engagement metrics to continually adjust campaigns for maximum impact and effectiveness
- Other duties as required by business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience in social media marketing
- Familiarity with and strong-to-expert technical knowledge of multiple social media platforms
- Comfortable with identifying and solving problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizations skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to take direction and work in a collaborative environment
- Dynamic and creative individual able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Photoshop and iMovie (or other video editing platforms) is a plus
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.