Location and Job Title:
Full-Time Nurse (RN/LPN)
760 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
JCC MetroWest is seeking a full time Nurse (RN/LPN) to oversee the health and wellbeing of those in our care in our children's programs as well as JCC members.
Major Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Train staff in health and safety protocols
- Know all up to date COVID-19 related guideline from the CDC and the State of NJ as they are updated and inform and oversee JCC staff to ensure they are implemented
- Monitor immunizations and maintain all other aspects of necessary student health records
- Uphold and strengthen existing JCC policies, such as ensuring appropriate exclusion for infectious illnesses, responding to medical emergencies, and reporting communicable diseases as required
- Maintain confidentiality when handling communication and documentation of student health information
- Provide direct, individual care as needed communicate with Center Directors, school district personnel, families, health care professionals, and the West Orange Health Department, as necessary
- Supervise all issues related to needed quarantine when indicated
- Collaborate with teachers and directors to identifying challenges that may present in the school setting, and assist with appropriate action plans
- Review and maintain first aid kits, AEDs and other medical supplies
- Documenting children's temperatures every morning and report the information to the NJ Department of Health daily/weekly
This is a full-time 40 hour per week position
- Daytime hours
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits
- Vacation and holiday time
- JCC Membership
Required skills and background:
- Experience working with young children and their families
- Attention to detail and organization, as well as an ability to multi-task and manage fast-paced environment, often with competing priorities
- Strong people skills; comfort engaging with all JCC's stakeholders (students, teachers, administrative staff, parents/families, community members, service providers and partners) in a gracious and professional manner
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Current understanding of the State of New Jersey's Department of Health, Department of Children and Family Services, and CDC's COVID-prevention and other policies and procedures
Welcome to Your JCC!
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs.
Our main facility, the Leon & Toby Cooperman JCC, located in West Orange, NJ, and our 20-acre day-camp, Camp Deeny Riback, located in Flanders, NJ serve the Jewish communities west of NYC, including Essex, Morris, and Union counties.