You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Fitness Center Supervisor
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Raychel Reilly at RReilly@jccotp.org
Under the direction of the Fitness Director, the Fitness Center Supervisor is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of 2 state of the art fitness centers. The ideal candidate has significant experience working in the fitness industry, and is looking to grow their career on a management track. If you have strong customer service skills and take a proactive approach to equipment maintenance and staffing this position could be perfect for you! Apply today if you believe you can ensure our clients receive an excellent fitness experience at every visit.
Staffing & Supervision
- Ensure the JCC's fitness centers are appropriately staffed
- Create monthly schedule and supervise trainers through changes and coverage
- Ensure trainers on duty (TOD) job expectations are met through clear communication coaching, and maintaining a culture of accountability
- Communicate schedule to staff
- Schedule new member onboarding workouts with TOD
- Support bi-monthly team meetings with a focus on customer service, communication, professional development, and team morale
- Other duties as needed
- Ensure that the JCC's fitness centers offer safe and functioning equipment
- Routine maintenance and testing
- Ordering and installation of small equipment repairs
- Communication and signage for members and staff
- Coordinate with vendors on all repairs that must be outsourced
- Monitor and recommend equipment replacement as needed for safety and to keep up with current trends including maintaining current repair log.
- Ensure a positive member experience with TOD engagement, floor programming and, excellent customer service
- Implement classes, events, etc. which foster sub communities and increase member retention
- Teach portions of new trainer onboarding relevant to the fitness center experience
- Actively strive to enhance member experience by working with supervisor to update protocol, fitness center layout, clear communication, and ensuring a quick turnaround for repairs
- Work cooperatively with membership and other departments in planning programs and special fitness events
- Participate in development of the fitness budget with supervisor
- Work with supervisor to set and adhere to monthly budget targets
- Keep accurate records and statistics of performance and usage
Qualifications & Specialized Skill
- Strong customer service skills (outgoing personality, a friendly disposition, self?confidence, and maturity).
- Broad knowledge of fitness equipment and body mechanics
- Must have flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- A minimum of 2 years working in the fitness industry
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification
- Current nationally recognized personal training certification
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Salesforce experience a plus
$35,000 - $45,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)