Location and Job Title:
Director of Aquatics
JCC of Greater Buffalo
2640 N Forest Rd
Amherst, NY 14068
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo is looking for an outstanding aquatic professional to join our team. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference and have a rewarding career, come join the Buffalo JCC Team.
The Director of Aquatics leads the team responsible for the day-to-day management and operations and all related programming of three (3) aquatic facilities including the Benderson Family Building, the Holland Family Building and the William L. and Shirley J. Grossman Outdoor Pool complex. The Director of Aquatics ensures safe pool operation, staff supervision, strong program development, financial management and new program initiatives created to make the JCC of Greater Buffalo the premier center for aquatic programming in WNY.
The position requires an energetic, detail-oriented, self-starting conscientious professional with prior pool facility and personnel management skills.
Management of Pools
- Managing all aspects of our indoor pools (Benderson and Holland Family Buildings) and the William L and Shirley J Grossman outdoor pool complex
- Recruit, Hire, train, evaluate and schedule all staff necessary for successful operations
- Work with the Senior Director of Facilities Operations to ensure ongoing maintenance on the pool is conducted and downtime is minimized
- Responsible for all state and county permits and documentation
- Responsible for developing, administering and monitoring budgets.
- Coordinate and promote rental of pools
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and submission of payroll.
- Analyze data related to usage to determine maximize operations and programming
- Develop and implement innovative water rehab and water fitness classes
- Develop and Implement a comprehensive year-round program to include but not limited to: instructional swim program, private swim lessons, water exercise programs, Life Guard Training/WSI, vacation swim programs, special needs swim programming, birthday parties, swim teams and any program initiatives related to the aquatic department.
- Provide aquatic programming/resources for Camp
- Develop and implement swim programs for JCC program areas i.e. Early Childhood and Kids Place
- Provide American Red Cross Training programs to Western New York Community
- Develop programming to maximize membership usage
- Serve as a member of the management team responsible for implementing the strategic plan
- Serve on cross-departmental teams to address specific projects or issues
- Track metrics and maintain organizational dashboard of items related to aquatics programming and membership
- Develop sales and service strategies with measurable metrics and standards for all aquatic programs
- Identify and secure funding opportunities
- Create and maintain community organizations as they relate to the aquatics industry
- Oversee and monitor all programs to insure objectives are met
- Aquatic management or supervisory experience: Minimum of three (3) years
- Bachelor's degree in physical education or a related field preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) License or ability to obtain one within six months of hire date
- Required licenses or certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguard, WSI, CPR, AED, First Aid
- Preferred: ARC LGIT and WSIT
- Ability to certify CPR and Lifeguards preferred
- Swim instruction experience required
- Water fitness instruction experience preferred
- Must be people oriented and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, word and excel required
- Strong written and communication skills
45,000 - 55,000
The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo, Inc. ("JCC") is to build and strengthen the Jewish and Western New York communities by providing recreational, educational, cultural and social programs and services that are consistent with Jewish values. The JCC's vision is "Building Community and Enriching Lives".
Our JCC is a GREAT place to be! As a not-for-profit multi-service agency, that is open to everyone, the JCC offers a diverse service delivery system that touches on all age groups in our community. We offer fitness/wellness services, camping, pre-school and school age child care, parent support and education, family recreation programming, youth services, adult program services, services for special needs, and cultural arts programming.
Western New York is a warm and welcoming community with year round activities including winter skiing, waterfront, national sports teams, theater, cultural events and more.