Location and Job Title:
Director of Arts & Culture
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches, Boynton Beach
8500 Jog Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33472
The Director of Arts & Culture will be responsible for setting the vision and operational plan for the Mandel JCC cultural arts programs. The individual will manage day-to-day department needs, which includes oversight of year-round book festival events, The Donald M. Ephraim Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival, and ad-hoc cultural arts programming. The Director will be empowered and expected to make decisions that blend and balance mission fulfillment, community demand for entertainment/learning opportunities and financial sustainability.
What You'll Do...
- Create a 2-3 year vision for the Mandel JCC Arts and Culture department that includes the promotion and creation of cultural arts programs that are strategically aligned with the interests of the community and the mission of the agency.
- Manage all elements of the Mandel JCC Book Festival and The Donald M. Ephraim Palm Beach Jewish Film Festival including the curation, development and coordination of high quality events and programs.
- Negotiate, prepare, administer and monitor contracts and agreements with book publishers, speakers, agents, authors and others involved in the delivery of adult cultural arts programs and activities.
- Manage both the book festival and film festival committees and recruit new volunteers that represent new programmatic elements of the department.
- Responsible for the creation and oversight of the department budget.
- Work with the Development department to identify potential corporate sponsors for the department and provide information on programming impact for existing sponsors.
- Develop and deepen partnerships with Jewish and secular arts and culture stakeholders with an interest in serving the Jewish community.
- Coordinate cultural arts programming and activities with other JCC departments as well as outside agencies.
- Serve as the spokesperson for all arts and culture programs at the Mandel JCC, and represent Mandel JCC in discussions on arts and culture (literary and film).
- Prepare and present department and program reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for being on location for events and programs in both JCCs in Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens as well as locations around Palm Beach County.
- Five or more years of experience in cultural arts or related program development; knowledge of local arts community a plus
- Seven or more years of managerial experience
- High energy person with an entrepreneurial spirit and a flexible, creative and collaborative disposition.
- Collaborative team player who can interface with varying levels of professionals and outreach and network across cultural and ethnic groups
- Exceptional oral communication skills and strong written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Excellent communications skills and volunteer management that spans internal and external markets
- Experience in the creation, implementation, and management of event and departmental budgets
- Must be available for evening and weekend events as needed.
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.
A committed and diverse community helps the JCC achieve its top priorities of:
- Connecting families to Jewish life
- Healthy living
- High-quality Jewish cultural arts
- Connecting people to Israel
- Reaching out to the broader community