Location and Job Title:
Bernard and Ruth Siegel Jewish Community Center
101 Garden of Eden Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19803
The Recreation Coordinator's role is to support the programs and services that the department provides to the community. They will ensure a consistent experience across department's programs and events. They will collaborate with other JCC departments and community agencies on programs and events. Additional hours available depending on the time of year. The Recreation Coordinator will need to be available to work in afternoons and evenings, Monday to Friday. Some program/event specific weekend hours required.
- Develop program ideas and assist to manage them from inception to completion.
- Monitor individual program budgets.
- Assist with marketing and communication efforts to promote program awareness among JCC members and wider community.
- Prepare necessary program related reports.
- Helpful, friendly, and welcoming communication with current and perspective program users.
- Assist the director with day-to-day operations (including but not all inclusive):
- Recreation rental contracts and bookings.
- Ensure accurate rosters for programs.
- Stepping into programs to assist when needed.
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and in-person inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure recreational supplies are well kept, inventory is managed, and new supplies are ordered as needed, within budget.
- Support JCC wide programs and events at select times throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with existing and new contracted recreation vendors.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other JCC departments and staff.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with fellow agencies and organizations on our campus.
- High school degree; bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Jewish knowledge is a plus.
- Previous experience in customer service, program design and management are a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and ability to effectively use business productivity software, including Microsoft Office applications and customer relations management applications.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must enjoy and have enthusiasm for working with people.
- Must be organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage time
- Must be able to work as a part of a team
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and be willing to seek assistance in solving problems
- Must be able to communicate well, in written communication and verbally
- Must be able to effectively and in a timely manner respond to requests from others
- Must be able to handle emergency and crisis situations
Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 35 pounds.
The Siegel JCC is a non-profit membership organization where people come together as a community to learn, share and celebrate. We inspire and connect people of all ages, faiths and backgrounds through social, educational, cultural, fitness and recreational opportunities, in a warm and welcoming environment. The JCC represents a feeling of home for children, families, teens, singles, seniors, and everyone in between.
The JCC houses preschool, child care and camp programs, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool, gymnasium and racquetball courts. Our thirty-acre family campus featuring an outdoor pool, ball fields, tennis and basketball courts offers a wide array of outdoor recreational services. The JCC is also home to Jewish holiday celebrations and cultural arts programming.
The mission of the Siegel JCC is to be the hub of Jewish life in our region. We strengthen the greater community by nurturing Jewish belonging and encouraging social, physical, and intellectual growth in an environment guided by Jewish values and culture.