Location and Job Title:
Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center
306 Flora Drive
Columbia, SC 29223
- Be welcoming, friendly, and positive by showing members and guests great service.
- Be warm and friendly either physically or via the telephone
- Confirms membership status
- Accurately manages point of sale transaction
- Ensures deliveries reach correct people
- Kindly and knowledgeably responds to member and guest inquiries.
- Greets members and guests with a smile, directing to destination and answering questions.
- Answers phones- screens and directs calls, provides information to callers and/or takes and relays messages, when appropriate.
- Processes enrollments and POS sales, takes payments and issues refunds via established protocols.
- Answers membership questions cheerfully
- Issues membership scan cards
- Answers inquiries about programs, services and events throughout the building
Company Software- CSI
- Processes enrollments and POS sales of programs and memberships, takes payments and issues refund via established protocols.
- Camp- Assists with questions, processing and recording payments.
- Maintains accurate cash drawer, reconciling payments, and cash at the end of shift.
- High School Diploma required
- 1+ years customer service experience, preferable in an office environment
- Competent in speaking and writing the English language
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Ability to manage money, accepts payments, make appropriate change and reconcile at end of shift.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to learn company database software.
- Ability to work a multi-line telephone/ answering system
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Utilizes of customer service principles and best practices.
The Katie & Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center, founded in 1955, is located at 306 Flora Drive, Columbia, SC 29223.
The mission of the Katie & Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center is to enhance quality of life by providing comprehensive programs based on Jewish values, traditions, heritage and culture. The Center aims to promote unity through these social, recreational, athletic, educational and cultural programs. We also strive to meet individual and communal needs in a way that promotes Jewish values and in turn nurtures, strengthens, enriches and unites the Jewish community and our community as a whole.