Location and Job Title:
Building Services Manager, Palm Beach Gardens
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking for a Building Services Manager for our Boynton BeachPalm Beach Gardens campus. The selected individual will be responsible for planning, management, negotiating contracts, purchasing materials, and hiring and supervising the Mandel Jewish Community Center's (JCC) building services staff providing multiple operational support functions including planning and forecasting of resources, budgeting, direction of logistics team and building operations. The Building Services Manager will carry out these plans to consistently meet or exceed objectives as well as follow additional directives issued by the Managing Director. Work is supervised on a limited basis, as necessary. Work schedule is generally 40 hours during each work week Sunday - Saturday as directed by work schedule and deadlines. Travel between JCC locations may be required.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for assisting with operational contract negotiation for the JCC.
- Responsible for delegating duties and tasks to building services staff.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing all room/function setups, including safely moving chairs, tables, garbage cans, all audio/video equipment and setting up portable stages.
- Performs interior construction work, including building shelves, hanging dispensers, and reconfiguring office space as determined by Manager Director.
- Performs related special projects and tasks needed to maintain buildings.
- Supervises oversight of light cleaning of the whole JCC building, including emptying garbage cans, wiping down bathrooms, keeping paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, and soap dispensers full.
- Supervises and performs light electric and plumbing duties.
- Supervises and performs internal painting of buildings which includes the preschool.
- Supervises and performs interior construction work, including building shelves and reconfiguring office space.
- Coordinates purchasing activities related to facilities operations including participating in the selection of vendors, negotiating contracts.
- Requisitions supplies or equipment used in cleaning, maintenance and construction duties.
- Informs their supervisor of any irregularities, maintenance repair issues and any possible problems or related matters in a timely manner as needed.
- Responds in a timely fashion to incoming calls and correspondence.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements.
- Manages department budget and prepares monthly financial variance reports.
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor according to agency needs.
- Answer after hour alarm calls.
- Supervise any temporary laborers or outside contractors while in the building.
- 5 or more years successful, progressive track record in a facilities organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- Clean medical examination report following a post-offer health physical is required.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Knowledge of general building and construction, including materials, methods, appropriate tools and supplies to perform construction projects.
- Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits and general maintenance.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them to the appropriate people for resolution.
- Position requires frequent travel in the local area. Must have a reliable vehicle, and requires maintaining a valid Florida State drivers' license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable agency insurance.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires safely lifting and moving chairs, tables, platforms, audio equipment ranging in weight from 5 lbs to 300 lbs, using hand trucks, other provided safety-assistance devices, including requesting additional assistance prior to moving or lifting any excessively heavy and/or awkward object.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and occasional climbing on ladders or appropriate construction equipment.
- Frequent exposure to moderate to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles from cleaning solvents and other construction-related products.
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
- The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
- Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- JCC Membership and Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.