Location and Job Title:
Fitness Reception - Part Time
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized member service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude.
- Demonstrate understanding of all points outlined in the Member Service Standards.
- Adhere to the JCC policies and procedures and enforce member rules and regulations
- Warmly greet members and guests as they approach the fitness center area.
- Answer questions and provide information in a clear and friendly manner.
- Make appropriate referrals and recommendations upon request.
- Listen and direct members' concerns and complaints to the appropriate manager.
- Check members & guests into the facilities. Register guests and collect fees for classes, passes or programs. Verify account status. Account for all class participants.
- Answer phone calls in a friendly, helpful and timely manner; transfer calls appropriately.
- Schedule private training and wellness coaching appointments.
- Follow established procedures for collecting money and preparing receipts.
- Monitor lost and found items as well as equipment. Report repairs.
- Perform administrative duties including sending and receiving daily emails, computer entry, faxing, photocopying, creating posters, updating bulletin boards, etc.
- Inventory and maintain all saleable front desk items.
- Wear your uniform and follow all dress code regulations.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Must be able to work on New Year's Day for our annual fitness event
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and member service skills.
- Physical activities, including but not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, pushing, pulling, as well as the ability to lift/carry objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires close, distance, peripheral vision and depth perception.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Strong math skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Computer literacy and willing to learn JCC computer programs.
- Experience in a similar environment is preferred.
- There are 2 shifts: 6:30am-1:30pm & 1:30pm-8:30pm. Must be available to work these shift times, especially on weekends.
Together with our community, the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan creates opportunities for people to connect, grow, and learn within an ever-changing Jewish landscape. The JCC imagines Jewish life that is diverse and engages meaningfully with its values, culture, and ideas in everyday lives.