Location and Job Title:
Financial Resource Development Associate
Katie and Irwin Kahn Jewish Community Center
306 Flora Drive
Columbia, SC 29223
Reports to: Executive Director
FTE: .5 to .7 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt under 30 hours
The Kahn JCC share both the facility and the Executive Director. This position fits into the Columbia Jewish Federation side of our structure and is paid by the Federation directly.
The Financial Resource Development Associate is responsible for direct and administrative support for the Federation Annual Campaign, including: maintaining the fundraising database; preparing materials needed to implement the annual campaign; assisting with implementation of related campaign special events; assisting volunteers; and administrative support to the Federation's board of directors.
Federation Annual Campaign
- Enter data and maintain the donor database and create and generate reports as needed
- Create and maintain campaign logs and spreadsheets
- Create pledge cards when needed for the annual campaign
- Produce campaign progress reports
- Produce and send pledge acknowledgements and tax receipt letters
- Review Federation Annual Campaign progress and data with Executive Director to ensure timely and accurate information is available and provided to the campaign chairs and board
- Work closely with the Campaign chairperson and committee to plan and implement the annual campaign and related events, especially the Distinguished Service Award dinner
- Assist volunteers with donor visits and solicitations
- Assisting with phone solicitations and donor prospect direct mail
- Research foundations for grant opportunities to support the work of Federation
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals
- Prepare board e-mailing and maintain a permanent archive of Board meeting minutes, meeting documents and Board rosters
- Send meeting reminders, prepare agendas, attendance sheets, and back-up documents as needed
- A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum three to four years' experience in fundraising, including working directly with donors, event planning and implementation, and administrative support of fundraising activities
- A high level of proficiency with fundraising software, including designing reports and extrapolating useful data.
- Computer proficiency skills, including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other common business software
- Able to operate electronic office equipment and troubleshoot problems with them
Demonstrate good written communication skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills
Able to organize and manage multiple projects, set priorities, handle details effectively and meet deadlines
Able to take initiative, follow through and work without direct supervision
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Dependable and reliable
- Strong customer service
- A team player
- Be able to sit, stand for extend periods or otherwise be able physically perform
the above duties
- Be able to lift or move items of approximately 10 to 15 lbs.
The Katie and Irwin Kahn JCC has been in operation since the 1960's and in our present location since 2005. We have a large non-Jewish membership who primarily sees us as their health club. Often our cultural and educational programming is in collaboration with the Columbia Jewish Federation, especially in regards to children's programming, PJ Library and musical programs. The Federation is the largest single funding source for the JCC.