Location and Job Title:
Teaching Assistant, Jumpstart
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To enjoy the shared interaction while supporting the needs of each child you work with at Jumpstart.
- To help prepare the classroom and materials utilized in each session and consider the children in that group.
- To clean and tidying the classroom during and after each session ensuring that materials and apparatus are appropriately stored and returned to their correct location.
- To be responsible and accountable for finding out the schedule for a session and activities to be completed during that period.Ensuring that you understand the purpose of an activity and how to correctly set it up discussing with the team individual modifications needed to meet the needs for that child's pleasure and success.
- To help to maintain a professional fun, welcoming environment for both children and any other adults who may be working in or visiting the Jumpstart classroom.
- Assist with quarterly events such as the Fall Festival, Mother's Tea, excursions in the community, Field day, Supper and Song.
- Participate in training workshops.
- Interacting well with children and adults
- Creating a fun, clean engaging environment
- Good Verbal communication skills
- Able to collaborate with team in a professional manner
- Good organizational skills
- Minimum 1 years' experience working/volunteering with young children
- Minimum 1 years' experience working/volunteering with young children with special needs
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- First Aid and Epi pen certification
Reports to: Head Teacher
Main Role:To support the Head Teacher and Teaching Assistants to provide a comprehensive, experience based early childhood program for children with special needs between two to three years of age.Under the guidance of the Head Teacher ensure that the children are given opportunities to practice acquired and emerging skills of development through their play experiences within the classroom and throughout the JCC.