Location and Job Title:
Employment Coordinator (Full-Time), Workforce Development
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Department Overview: Commonpoint Queens Adult Workforce Department at 'The Hub" consists of employment and support programs serving individuals who are looking to obtain long-term employment. The Hub provides access to career counseling, job placement, occupational training, education, resources, and support programs for individuals who are motivated to enter the workforce.
The Employment Coordinator is responsible for assisting clients in obtaining and retaining competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong working relationships with clients in order to help participants secure and maintain viable and long-lasting employment
- Complete comprehensive vocational assessment, and then vocational counseling and referrals to corresponding hard skills training.
- Guide clients through all facets of job search, including resume revisions, online applications, mock interview sessions, and networking.
- Achieve quarterly enrollment, placement, and retention targets
- Advocate on behalf of clients by directly, collaborating with agency staff and building strong relationships with local businesses and other community based organizations to develop job leads that cater to the interests and talent of the people on his/her caseload
- Complete basic reporting requirements including, but not limited to, progress notes and client tracking; ensure data entry is completed by deadline dates as assigned
- Obtain verification documents from employers and/or members upon placement in a timely manner and using data on a regular basis to manage performance
- Assist participants in removing barriers to employment by making connections to necessary services both within and outside Commonpoint
- Provide coaching and direct support to adults with limited work history and educational attainment
- Assist clients in developing appropriate social skills and work habits that will result in long term employment or career advancement opportunities
- Work closely with case management staff to coordinate social services referrals and generate ideas to help clients achieve their education and employment goals
- Attend trainings and staff meetings, as required
- Assist with the generation of program reports and proposals for funding as needed
- Possess strong digital literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Knowledge of Google applications such as Gmail, Google Voice, Calendar usage, etc.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Catonese, or Madrian highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Education, Business, Psychology, or related field.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in workforce development, recruiting, human resources preferred.
- Sensitivity towards, and ability to, work with diverse individuals including, but not limited to, immigrants, young adults, single parents, English language learners and other to low-income, high-barrier to employment populations.
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal-driven environment to achieve monthly targets.
- Demonstrated experience effectively teaching or facilitating groups and individuals to achieve a desired outcome using up-to-date techniques/methods.
- Experience providing comprehensive assessment and case management services and/or helping others to large caseload desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills required, ability to effectively conduct meetings, trainings, groups preferred.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.