Location and Job Title:
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide management and supervision for the optimal operation of JCC pool facilities, programs and staff (lifeguards, water instructors, swim lesson (LKSA) instructors, swim team coaches, etc.) to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our members and community
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Principal duties)
- Maintain records and statistics with respect to the JCC Aquatics Program, (i.e.: pool schedule, class schedules, chemical records, maintenance schedule of equipment, facility usage, etc.)
- Develop work schedule(s) for pool personnel (lifeguards, swim instructors, etc) using WhenToWork
- Responsible for ordering supplies and equipment for aquatic facilities and ensuring that equipment is properly secured and maintained
- Maintain ongoing, regular communication with participants in aquatics programs and facility
- In conjunction with F & W Director, coordinate rentals of JCC Aquatic facility and use of equipment for outside groups.
- Prepare Aquatic budget (in conjunction with supervisor), along with department's goals and achievements of the year
- Develop, coordinate, instruct and administer safe, quality aquatic program for all age groups, including group and private swim classes (LKSA), Swim team, group exercise programs, family swim programs, special events, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate LKSA program (all aspects of its operation both in the office and with instructors), working alongside head instructors as needed to ensure proper supervision of all LKSA staff.
- In conjunction with committee, develop, coordinate, and administer (New and creative) Aquatic programs for all age groups, including swim classes, aquatic programs, and special events,
- Provide supervision and ongoing training (certification where applicable - American Red Cross, CPR, Lifeguarding)) for lifeguards, (LKSA) swim instructors, swim team coaches and other aquatic staff
- Develop a safe environment for all participants in JCC aquatic programs
- Participate in the JCC's registration of classes and programs
- Participate in the regular F&W OD coverage; daily supervision of F & W facilities, programs, staff, etc. (1-2 nights per week)
- Responsible for complete operation of the JCC outdoor swim club - Preparation for opening, ongoing maintenance throughout season, appropriate staff training, management, and operation of outdoor pools including end of season closing and winterization.
- Coordinate the operation (ie; staff / instruction) of the ECE swim classes and summer Kinder camp swim instruction program
- Provide regular checks and ongoing necessary maintenance to aquatic equipment and facilities (pump rooms, filters, heaters, etc.) to ensure proper working condition. Report unclean conditions, safety hazards and malfunctioning equipment and if applicable make arrangements for the prompt repair of said equipment
- Supervise the JCC Sharks Swim Team in all aspects of its program including but not limited to the ongoing communication with the the swim team parents committee, team store, team fundraisers, swim meets, TeamUnify and swimmer registrations.
- Maintain appropriate township and state licensing of all aquatic areas of the JCC
- Assist in the promotion of F&W department and integration with other JCC departments to ensure the productive, effective and efficient operation of the Agency.
- As a professional representative of the agency, maintain proper relationships with public and private agencies for the purpose of developing inter-agency programs.
- Additional responsibilities may be added periodically based upon the needs of the H & W department of the Katz JCC.
- It is essential that all staff participate in a variety of agency wide activities.Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information
- ARC Certified Life Guard
- Certified Pool Operator
- Lifeguard Instructor (LGI)
- Minimum 2 years experience
The Katz JCC houses a double gymnasium, 2 indoor pools, 2 outdoor pools, 2
elevators, 4 group wellness rooms, a state-of-the art fitness center with
cardio and strength training equipment, 2 full size gymnasiums, a 16-room early
childhood center with an Imaginarium climbing play structure, teen and adult
lounges, a kosher caf?, a physical therapy facility, an art gallery, a library,
a 5,000 square foot social hall & an XRKADE interactive exer-gaming studio.
The Katz JCC operates the largest Jewish Day Camp in North America, with an
annual, average enrollment of 1,600 campers. The JCC Camps is located in
Medford, NJ and has exceptional facilities.
The JCC ACHaD special needs department provides social and recreational
activities ranging from a basketball league to Jewish holiday celebration for
both children & adults with physical and mental disabilities.
The JCC Membership serves 14,000 members that range from infants, to
children and teens, to active adults to the frail elderly.
Our nationally accredited Sari Isdaner Early Childhood Department serves
over 300 children in full and half day programs from infants and toddlers to
Just 4 Kids After School Program serves over 100 elementary and
middle-school aged children from over 20 local schools.
JCC Festival of Arts, Books & Culture brings authors, entertainers and
speakers to the community. Annual attendance is approximately 10,000 people.
Sun National Bank Junior Maccabi Basketball League serves 400 children,
kindergarten through 9th grade.
Senior Congregate Meal Program serves over 100 hot kosher meals to seniors
5 days per week as well as a cure for loneliness.
Kidsland serves families in the Delaware valley with a day of hands-on fun
and entertainment including some health & safety workshops.
The Annual Sports Award Dinner attracts major professional athletes as
speakers and recognizes local leaders.