Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Attendant
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Fitness Floor Attendant is responsible for managing the fitness floor, being responsive to members and guests by offering assistance, and educating JCC members on the safe and correct use of cardio and weight training equipment.
Shifts available: M-F opening 4:30-9:30am and closing 5:00-10:00pm, Sat-Sun opening 6:30-10am, mid shift 10am-3pm, and closing 3-7pm.
All employees of the APJCC are responsible to create relationships with the members to add value to their membership and enhance their sense of belonging with the APJCC community.
NOTE: Complimentary Gym Membership with a Pool comes with Employment!
- Say, "Hi," and smile while greeting members, guests and staff enthusiastically
- Carry walkie-talkie at all times during shift and call for lifeguard or housekeeping when appropriate
- Schedule Health and Fitness Orientations
- Complete all tasks outlined in Daily Tasks binder
- Provide assistance to members
- Keep towels stocked and folded
- Locker room, sauna, and steam room checks
- Log broken equipment into Gym Doctors binder
- Conduct audio and equipment checks every shift
- Maintain clean, safe, orderly, and well stocked Fitness Center
- Provide breaks to the Welcome Desk Staff.
- Get drinks for Welcome Desk from storage closet
- Other duties as directed by Management and as business dictates
- Be the center "goodwill" ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce JCC policies such as cell phone use, closed-toed shoes, etc.
- Attend Fitness Department meetings
- Complete payroll on-time and accurate to the best of your abilities
- Be knowledgeable about programs, services and activities offered at the JCC
- Promote center services and programs
- Assist with keeping the club well stocked and clean
- Customer service oriented
- Good communication skills
- Contribute great ideas and vision to the department
- Ability to: handle responsibility, follow-through, multi-task, and be reliable & responsive.
Specialized knowledge, licenses
- CPR/AED certified
- Know proper emergency procedures for the center
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours
- This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
- Previous community center, health club, or customer service experience a plus.
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to spot a member lifting weights
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time/hours in a same shift
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.