Location and Job Title:
Masters Swim Coach
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: $20.00 per hour / Part-Time, Non-Exempt / 5-10 hours per week
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Sports, Fitness & Aquatics, the Masters Swim Coach motivates, teaches, and pushes our members to achieve their unique personal goals. The Masters Swim Coach facilitates a program that enhances the quality of life of our swimmers by assisting them with goal setting, time management, discipline, general fitness and teamwork. They will implement a program that will meet the different needs of all members in the program, such as competitive swimming, non-competitive physical fitness swimming, triathlon/cross training and stroke technique improvement.
- Current Certificates required: American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches, or equivalent. Please note: all certificates must be submitted along with applicants resume, front and back images are required of each document.
- US Masters Swimming Membership or ability to obtain it within 30 days.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior experience coaching, preferably at the collegiate level or higher.
- Ability to communicate in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to be punctual to all scheduled shifts.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, swim, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate pool maintenance equipment, hand and power tools.
- Frequently bending at the waist, kneeling, crouching, or reaching above the head to store or retrieve materials.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Frequently lifting and carrying equipment or materials.
- Ability to lift and pull 30 lbs. (eg pool covers)
- Ability to perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills and CPR/AED.
- Ability to successfully perform the lifeguard skills checklist on a quarterly basis.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please fill out the LFJCC Employment Application and attach your resume. NO PHONE CALLS
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.