Location and Job Title:
Inclusion and Community Care Manager (Part Time)
J Los Angeles
5870 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
The Inclusion and Community Care Manager supports JLA through providing inclusion and mental health support, resources, and ongoing education to early childhood, youth and family programs, and teen program participants, their families, and the professionals who serve them. The fundamental role of the Inclusion and Community Care Manager is to guide and support program staff, participants, and their families to create and foster an inclusive environment where all will thrive. To meet the goals of this grant funded position they will utilize individualized mental health tools such as participant care plans, direct support and coaching, parent education, staff training, and referrals to outside resources. This is a part time (20 hours a week position) grant funded position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess program and program participant needs and conduct intakes.
- Obtain appropriate documentation and information to assist in determining plans and interventions.
- Provide information and referrals to program participants regarding outside resources.
- Maintain ongoing contact log notes and related documentation.
- Assist JLA families in navigating outside referrals when needed and actively liaise with such resources like county regional centers, private practice providers, and LAUSD resources to ensure consistent reinforcement of the participant's individualized care plan.
- Work effectively with partner agencies.
- Conduct mental health and social and emotional training and workshops for staff, participants, and participant families.
- Create mental health programs to respond to the needs of The JLA community.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity; treat all with compassion, integrity, and respect.
- Comply with demands of funding grants.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Graduate-level or higher degree in a mental health field. Including, but not limited to social work, mental health counseling, psychology, youth psychiatry, family therapy, etc.
- 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience in a related field.
- Prior experience in working with young children.
- Exceptional skill and capacity for engagement and relationship building with both children and their parents.
- Ability to connect and guide staff.
- Understanding of Jewish concepts and values as they relate to The JLA community.
- Proven ability to plan, originate and organize programs.
- Proven ability to provide emotional support to a wide range of ages.
- Be a leader, self-starter, and strong collaborator.
- Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback, and support
The J Los Angeles's (JLA) mission is to build a community based on Jewish values by creating opportunities for gathering and learning. JLA reaches out to all Jews, and the greater community, by offering stimulating and innovative educational, social, cultural, recreational, and communal programs. JLA aspires to offer programming that provides meaning and purpose to Jewish lives, in a space that creates a sense of belonging for everyone it touches.
J Los Angeles serves the Jewish and broader community in our neighborhood and throughout Los Angeles. Our flagship programs are our outstanding Early Childhood Center, our year-round day camp program JCamp and our teen leadership and sports programs. Other programs include aquatics with over 2,000 swim lessons weekly, adult fitness, Baby and Me, programs for individuals with special needs, and youth sports leagues.
The JLA is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
To learn more about JLA, find us on the web at TheJLA.org