Location and Job Title:
Youth and Teen Program Manager
13009 Community Campus Drive
Tampa, FL 33625
The Tampa JCCs & Federation, Inc. seeks an experienced dynamic camp and youth professional to help develop, improve and grow program offerings. The professional must be able to communicate effectively with various groups and have strong organizational and operational skills. This position is a year-round opportunity and will include possibilities for growth.
The manager will oversee the Youth and Camp programming at the JCC on the Cohn Campus. This manager will also oversee a variety of Leisure Sports events that are held annually for the community.
The Tampa JCCs and Federation is a "DFWP" Drug Free Workplace and an "EEOE" Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and supervise day to day operations of the Club J afterschool program, summer camp and school day's out programs.
- Supervise the Youth and Teen Program Coordinator as well as supervise staff.
- Develop and maintain calendars, schedules and vendor partnerships.
- Development, administration and supervision of the department budget.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create promotional materials, adhering to all JCC protocols, procedures, and policies.
- Hire and Supervise part-time program staff.
- Drive vehicles for programs as needed.
- Originate and carry out a system for recruiting Club J participants and campers, as well as staff by utilizing website, internet, social networking, brochures, telephone calls, reunions, hot prospect lists, etc.
- Plan and execute the promotion and recruitment for the various Leisure Sports activities offered to the community, including but not limited to Annual Softball and Golf Tournaments.
- Evaluate the programs of the department on an on-going basis.
- Keeping up to date of current trends in camping and youth enrichment programs and work towards implementation when appropriate.
- Function as a team member and problem solver. Be able and available to recommend and implement solutions to problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with other JCC departments on inter-departmental programming.
- Attend supervisory conferences and staff meetings.
- Other related duties as required or directed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years in youth leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Family Studies, Psychology, Education, or other related field
- Have or obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge, skills and ability to lead a program and manage staff.
- Skills and abilities to learn job-related material and planning techniques
- Knowledge of principles and practices of program management, budget preparation and administration work.
- Knowledge, skills and ability to clearly articulate a vision, exhibit a commitment to quality, and successfully manage the teen and youth programs.
- Knowledge, skills and ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks or projects with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and skills in problem solving, critical thinking and sound decision making.
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must exhibit excellent time management, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Must maintain confidentiality and distinguish what type of information is shareable.
- Must adhere to HIPPA regulations.
- Must have the knowledge skills and ability to work under pressure and deal with irate people.
- Must be adaptable to change, learn new tasks and assume additional responsibilities when required.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment and respect all co-workers, management, members and vendors.
Tampa Jewish Community Center is the heart of a vibrant, harmonious, and connected community that embraces everyone. We provide a warm, welcoming atmosphere for community gathering and activities. We reach out to encompass all Jewish constituencies and we are the first stop for newcomers. We support and build our connection with Israel and world Jewry. We provide a work environment that recognizes and rewards excellence in staff and volunteers.