Location and Job Title:
Camp Grossman Registrar/Office Manager
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you someone who has a passion for people, for organizing and for making a difference? If so, JCC Greater Boston Camp Grossman has an exciting opportunity for you. Camp Grossman is a vibrant Jewish day camp which welcomes campers and staff from diverse religious, racial, cultural, ethnic and LBGTQ backgrounds.
The Camp Grossman Registrar/Office Manager is the center of a dynamic wheel of activity for a vibrant camp which has provided thousands of campers with joy and new skills for over 40 years. The position calls for someone who reflects the camp character of upbeat, results oriented, fun and collaborative. The Registrar/Office Manager works closely with colleagues to orchestrate and execute the thousands of details which collectively create a seamless, well-run camp.
He/she/they are responsible for:
- actively participating in the annual camp planning process
- ensuring timely, professional and warm communications with camp families, staff, internal and external partners, both proactively and in response to inquiries. Will handle telephone, mail and email communications. Will answer some inquiries and forward others to appropriate staff.
- coordinating camp marketing including emails, collateral mailings, and events (may be in person or virtual)
- providing assistance to families navigating the on-line registration process
- tracking and ensuring completion of camper documentation
- collaboration and meetings with colleagues in Camping
- maintaining contact database
- working with camp leadership, IT and the Business Office to draft policies and build systems
- drafting, documenting and editing camp reports and correspondence
- office management: supplies management, maintenance issues, room reservations, management of office equipment
- actively participates as a member of the JCC Greater Boston team. Supporting JCC Greater Boston policies, goals and initiatives.
- with the camping team, staffing 5-6 Open Houses or Camp Fairs, held on weekends and/or evenings and lasting 3-4 hours each
- Being flexible to meet other needs as identified
The requirements and location of this position fluctuate. During the "off season" (from now until April) the job is 30-40 hours per week and can be mostly remote. During the late spring and through the summer the position will be full time on-site in Newton or Dover.
The Office Manager should have:
- strong service and results orientation - going the extra mile in providing outstanding service
- a personal presence which reflects the camp culture of an upbeat, results-oriented, fun and collaborative environment
- ability to build strong, productive relationships with parents, colleagues, vendors and partner agencies
- skill/experience coordinating, tracking and executing multiple parallel priorities, some under time pressure
- skill in developing and executing strategies and plans - both project based and overall operations coordination
- Microsoft software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to quickly learn internal software used to track camper and employee information excellent written and verbal communication skills
- flexibility - camp needs evolve and willingness/ability to adapt is key
- able to work both independently and as part of a team, asking questions, as needed
- familiarity with summer camps, potentially through previous experience as a staff member or as a parent of a camper
- college education preferred
- office experience working in a team environment preferred
- Mail merge skills are a plus
- must be willing and able to adhere to COVID protocols (e.g. masking, social distancing and others as required by protocols)
- must be able to work at the camping office, in Newton, as required (minimal requirements through Spring 2021)
- must be able to work on site in Newton or Dover (as needed) for the extended camping season (May - early September)
- must be able to staff camp fairs and events, interacting with participants
To apply, please send cover letter and resume, to CampGrossmanjobs@jccgb.org
ABOUT JCC GREATER BOSTON
JCC Greater Boston is dedicated to advancing the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and sprits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences informed by Jewish values, for today's Jews and the people in their lives. As an organization, we welcome staff diversity and recognize the unique contributions of each individual.