Location and Job Title:
Communications Associate, Part-Time
Surprise Lake Camp
520 8 Ave, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10018
The Communications Associate is a year-round, part-time position (three days / week during the off-season and full-time living at Camp in the summer) responsible for working closely with the directors to update our website, coordinate our social media presence as well as manage our direct mail and email campaigns.
- Updates/maintains website;
- Manages social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram and other platforms;
- In collaboration with staff, creates dynamic written, graphic, newsletters, and video content;
- Works with staff to coordinate Camp and Development related campaigns with social media, mail and email.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communications related Bachelor's Degree preferred;
- Two years of equivalent professional experience;
- Proven ability to utilize a wide variety of technological platforms;
- Strong abilities as a writer;
- Experience curating and scheduling content on social media platforms;
- Demonstrated abilities to work on a team;
- Strong overall internal and external communication skills;
- Proofreading / editing experience;
- Strong customer-service experience;
- Detail-Oriented, ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer proficiency required, design experienced preferred;
Surprise Lake Camp, one of the longest running Jewish summer camps in the country, is located in beautiful Cold Spring, New York with an off-season office in Manhattan. SLC is proud of our tradition of excellence in camping. We blend a commitment to traditional, rustic camp experiences with state of the art recreational facilities. Our camper population comes from all over the country and even some international locations with the majority of campers based within a two-hour drive from Camp (New York City, Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey).