Location and Job Title:
Development DataBase Administrator
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
We are in search for a Development Database Administrator who will have the following responsibilities:
Day-to-day management of The Raiser's Edge database and donor data including processing the Annual Fund and restricted contributions.
Tracks contributed revenue against fundraising goals; provides regular reporting and analysis to ensure that the Development department is being strategic in all fundraising activities.
Maintains the integrity and security of the database; oversees all gift accounting in collaboration with the Finance department, including proper tracking for spending of restricted funds.
Tracks pledge payments; maintains donor files/records; maintains documentation of all relevant information related to all gifts; and updates/maintains all database policies and procedures.
The Administrator also provides ongoing training for colleagues in the use of The Raiser's Edge and best practices.
Database Management and Reporting
- Develop/maintain standard and custom queries and reports.
- Pull comprehensive prospect report for staff and volunteers including giving history and wealth screening data.
- Maintenance of appropriate donor documentation for Finance department requirements and industry best practices.
- Create and implement up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to these procedures.
- Manage data entry procedures, gift processing and acknowledgement for all annual fund and restricted gifts in a timely and accurate fashion. Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, and appeals for each gift to be processed.
- Process pledge payments and manage balancing procedures for reconciliation with Finance records.
Key Competencies for Success:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of non-profit development office experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience with The Raiser's Edge
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of nonprofit fundraising operations, gift entry and administration, donor stewardship, database administration, records management, and IRS regulations regarding charitable giving.
- Solid understanding of the data and reporting needs of a development office.
- Understanding of Donor Development and Retention
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and use logic and analysis to troubleshoot software problems.
- Ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner taking initiative, being responsive to new opportunities, and create value in the face of obstacles.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed, in support of fundraising.
Full suite of benefits including JCC membership.
35,000 - 45,000
The Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester is located alongside the Erie Canal in Brighton and is a 200,000 square foot facility that houses our state of the art fitness, wellness and recreation programming, an aquatics center, a Professional Theatre (live stream), Children's Center and our Premier Camping Program!