Location and Job Title:
Fitness Service Desk Attendant
Aaron Family JCC of Dallas
7900 Northaven Rd
Dallas, TX 75230
OVERVIEW: The Fitness Service Desk Attendant works in the Fitness Reception area and serves as a "face of the J." As such, the Fitness Service Desk Attendant must exhibit professionalism at all times. The job requires dependability, flexibility, ability to multi-task and attention to detail. This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a maximum of 29 hours per week. The Jewish Community Center is an EOE (equal opportunity employer).
- Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the JCC feel welcome and comfortable.
- Work scheduled time as required; flexibility in schedule is required. Weekend and evening shifts available.
- Greet all individuals coming in to the Fitness Center and provide the information and/or services requested in a positive manner. Request member identification cards and scan cards to ensure member is in good standing. Follow procedures for members who do not have proper identification.
- Be respectful to members in helping them to understand and abide by the policies of the JCC. Report any issues to Management.
- Provide assistance to and interact with staff in a positive and professional manner. Report any problems to Supervisor.
- Distribute and fold towels as needed.
- Handle all incoming calls with the proper greeting. Make reservations for various health and fitness activities. Balance phone customer service with in-person customer service.
- Report all maintenance needs to supervisor or management staff.
- Keep lost and found items together.
- Supervise the Fitness Reception area for proper decorum and general cleanliness.
- Handle emergencies within the building quickly and efficiently - have thorough knowledge of the JCC Manual for Emergency Planning and Crisis Management.
- When on duty, uniform shirts (provided by agency) including closed toed shoes is required. Name Tag must also be worn.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- CPR/AED Certification is preferred.
- Previous Customer Service Experience preferred.
It is expected that the Fitness Service Desk Attendant will be a team player as part of the JCC Professional Staff. He/she is expected to be aware of the JCC Mission Statement and work within the frameworks of that mission. Responsibilities of the job may be changed as the needs of the JCC and/or community change.
The Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas brings the community together by providing state-of-the-art facilities and exceptional programs in an inclusive environment defined by Jewish values and culture.