Location and Job Title:
Unit Head, Southern New Jersey/Greater Philadelphia
Sunrise Association (Sunrise Day Camps Association, Inc.)
15 Neil Court
Oceanside, NY 11572
Do you want make a difference in the lives of children with cancer?
We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic summer camp Unit Heads in our Southern New Jersey camp with:
- Can-do and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good relationship and leadership skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to learn
- Ability to resolve conflicts and motivate campers and staff
- Sensitivity toward the population served
- Experience with kids
- Previous supervision experience a plus
- Readiness to have fun and contribute toward a special summer camp experience for all participants
Diversified responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guide and motivate a counselor staff team in providing a fun and safe summer program
- Guide the Unit campers and staff in a variety of positive, creative socially beneficial camp experiences
- Work with Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director to develop and execute on-site schedules for Unit including a full summer calendar, weekly calendars, and other events
- Communicate effectively with families and campers
- Maintain Unit binder to include Medical Forms, Transportation Forms, etc.
- Observe and assess camper and staff behavior and participation in order to apply positive guidance and behavior techniques
Please send your resume to the attention of: Sydney Mitgang, Camp Director
Sunrise Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing back the magic of childhood to children with cancer around the world. Through our summer day camps, and innovative year-round programs, Sunrise brings smiles to the faces of nearly 6,000 children! Join us in helping children who are dealing with cancer return to childhood fun!
With 9 summer day camps, and over 40 in-hospital programs, the Sunrise Association is affiliated with 32 major hospitals around the world. We are the only organization that offers full-summer day camps and year round programs (recreational and in-hospital) for children with cancer and their siblings, and all our programs are offered completely free of charge.