Location and Job Title:
Personal Training/Fitness Staff
Valley of the Sun JCC
12701 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
supervision of the Fitness Director, Personal Trainers are responsible for
managing and maintaining the fitness floor, being responsive to members by
offering assistance and educating them on the safe and correct use of
cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Additionally, Personal Trainers
perform consultations, orientations/assessments, sells personal training
packages, conducts one-on-one personal training sessions and answers fitness
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform member fitness center orientations based on JCC's protocol, evaluate health history, conduct assessments, demonstrate equipment usage and develop a safe, effective workout plan.
- Maintain a current schedule in Mind Body. This includes scheduling all appointments, checking in all appointments and ensuring that all clients are paid and current.
- Encourage new members to participate in other JCC program offerings: small group training classes, private Pilates sessions, group fitness classes, and adult/youth recreation programs. Keep up-to-date on current JCC program offerings.
- Promote the JCC personal training program during fitness center orientations, fitness floor shifts and contacting interested members within 24 hours of receiving a lead.
- Maintain a client base by selling new packages, and encouraging current clients to continue. Assist in development and implementation of new programs and classes.
- Develop safe and effective exercise programs utilizing progression; programs are consistent with member's goals/needs and within the scope of your education and knowledge you currently possess.
- Maintain up-to-date client records in Mind Body and be responsible for tracking pending client appointments and payments in Mind Body.
- When personal training during your scheduled fitness floor shift, you are only allowed to train clients in the Fitness Center and may only train for half of your scheduled shift
- Attend all mandatory Personal Trainer meetings,
training and developme
- All personal training clients are JCC members.
Our goal is to provide the client with excellent customer service and keep them
happy. If at any time there is a conflict that will not allow you to continue
to train the member - every effort should be made to place the member with
another trainer with the assistance of the Fitness Director.
- While on shift, it is required to follow the
Daily Action Plan and complete all items on the checklist.
- Responsible for being punctual and finding shift
coverage when needed. A JCC staff shirt and name tag must be worn during
personal training sessions, fitness floor shifts and fitness center
- Represent the Fitness Center in a positive &
professional manner at all times. Introduce yourself, greet members by first
name, smile, engage in conversation, answer questions and book appointments.
- Circulate fitness floor at least once every
15-20 minutes and assist members in safe and effective exercise form.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized fitness floor
by re-racking weights, picking up towels or trash, refilling the wipe
containers & noting any needs of equipment repair. Report equipment issues
to the Fitness Director.
- Enforce all Fitness Center, Cardio Deck &
Indoor Track policies.
- Minimum shift hours requirement based on weekly
personal training clientele base.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the Fitness
Center, Cardio Deck, behind the Personal Trainer desk, in the hallways directly
adjacent to the Fitness Center/Cardio Deck & during personal training. This
applies for phone calls, texting, and e-mailing.
- Computer use is for JCC business only; no
personal use is allowed such as social media websites, Internet searches, etc.
All employees will be on an introductory period during
their first 90 days of being hired, all employees must meet expectations set by
the Fitness Center Manager at the beginning of employment. Personal Trainers
will be given goals to meet during these 90 days and if expectations are not
met, a progress plan or termination may follow.
Qualifications: Nationally accredited training certification (ACSM, NASM,
NSCA, ACE) CPR/AED Certified
- 5 years experience in the health and fitness industry
A degree in a fitness related field preferred
Current CPR/AED certification
Knowledge: Computer skills
including Windows, Microsoft Excel and Fitness related software. Must possess
up-to-date knowledge of fitness protocols.
Must be able to work in a fast pace busy environment.
Must be willing to work nights and weekend hours.
Position calls for sitting, standing, and walking
throughout the building.
Routinely lifts and carries, moves and positions objects
weighing up to 45 pounds. Occasionally lifts
objects over 45 pounds.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Lauren.
JCC Mission: To advance the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies and spirits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences, informed by Jewish values for today's Jews and the people in their lives.