Location and Job Title:
KidsTime Academy Educator
45 Haverford Rd
Wynnewood, PA 19096
KidsTime Academy: All Day at the J is a new educational enrichment program for children who are either learning virtually or whose school is operating a hybrid model. KidsTime Academy, a program of the Kaiserman JCC, is open to area elementary school students and is operating at the Kaiserman JCC in Wynnewood and in partnership with Temple Sinai in Dresher.
The Kaiserman JCC is seeking qualified educators and childcare providers to manage small cohorts of students onsite at each KidsTime Academy location.
- 8:00am-4:30pm - Kaiserman JCC, Wynnewood
- 8:00am-4:00pm - Temple Sinai, Dresher
- Eligible for health insurance
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Care and supervision of children within your cohort
- Assist children in establishing and maintaining connection to online learning activities and resources
- Assist children with asynchronous learning assignments including but not limited to, accessing content, assignment related questions, etc.
- Directly support children in transitioning between online learning sessions
- Lead activities such as art, phys. ed., S.T.E.M., etc.
- Ensure enrolled children within their cohorts are following their Personal Education Plans and group schedules
- Participate in activities with your cohort
- Ensure that the cohort area is always clean, including but not limited to the bathrooms, locker rooms, lunchrooms, classrooms, grounds inside and outside
- Assist children in the event of an emergency
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work cooperatively with other staff members/supervisors
- Be a positive role model to children and other staff
- Develop relationships with each child
- Possess the strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of a cohort of children
- Provide guidance and leadership in helping build social/friendship skills
- Set, by example, a positive and fun tone for the program
- Possess the visual, mental, and auditory acuity to identify and respond to dangerous situations
- Set, by example, a clean environment ensuring that students maintain good hygiene, health and safety practices
- Demonstrate professional conduct to all program families, guests, and other employees of the Kaiserman JCC
- Follow all JCC protocols regarding health and safety
- Keep enrolled child and parent information confidential
- Communicate with supervisors
- Ask for help when needed
- Arrive to work on time each day
- Dress appropriately
- Attend staff meetings
- Take attendance each morning
- Bring a dairy lunch each day
- Sign in each morning
- BA or Associates degree in education or related field (or working towards a degree) preferred
- Experience in childcare setting - such as camp - a plus
- Must love working with kids
- Must be comfortable pivoting procedures and programs as health recommendations evolve
- Must be dedicated to finding fun and joy in spite of the pandemic
You Belong at the Kaiserman JCC.
We are a full service JCC located on the Main Line suburbs of Philadelphia. Our JCC boasts beautiful tree lined grounds complete with outdoor sports fields, pools and playgrounds.
Our core service areas include a licensed preschool and kindergarten and an award-winning camp. Pre-COVID, we also offered a full-service health and fitness facility, after school program and youth sports enrichment.
Over the past few months, we have shifted our priorities to virtual programming and to providing critical childcare to working families in our community. Our preschool and kindergarten will open for the 2020-21 school year and we are launching our new KidsTime Academy: All Day with the J in September 2020. A full service preschool and kindergarten on site for ages infant-K is able to provide gym and pool classes in addition to traditional school programming.