Location and Job Title:
Programming Specialist - Camp Seneca Lake
Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester
1200 Edgewood Ave
Rochester, NY 14618
The Programming Specialist is responsible for supporting all Programming initiative including Evening, Village, Signature, and Daily Programs. This position will work in conjunction with all Programming, Village, and Program Area Staff to ensure the smooth and successful facilitation of all programs. May be required to facilitate committee meetings, lead Programming activities, and provide support wherever needed across camp. This position reports directly to the Programming Coordinators.
- Be responsible for the general health and safety of all campers and staff.
- Establish an atmosphere in which campers feel secure, happy, and included.
- Supervise campers under their immediate care at all time.
- Ensure campers and staff adhere to camp rules.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Participate in all camp activities and supervisory initiatives.
- Cooperate with all other staff regarding matters of rules, safety, and program.
- Other duties as assigned by CSL Director, Assistant Directors, and Program Area Leader.
Lifeguard certification preferred, proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Must be experienced in camp programs, dependable, and flexible. 18+ years old preferred.
Dates: Must be available for the entirety of the dates listed below.
- General Staff Orientation begins June 17th, 2021
- Camp season ends August 18th, 2021
- Other mandatory training dates TBD
- Approximately (7) paid days off during the Camp season
- Full time hours including days, nights and weekends
- Competitive pay plus Room and Board
- Complimentary JCC membership!
Come join the team at Camp Seneca Lake, (Finger Lakes Region) the residential summer camp of the JCC of Greater Rochester!