Location and Job Title:
SNACK BAR SERVER
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus
1125 College Ave.
Columbus, OH 43209
JCC Snack Bar Server will staff the Snack Bar and provide outstanding customer service to members and employees.
- Knowledge and Education - Minimum Required or Preferred: High school diploma or GED; or in the process of achieving these educational degrees
- Experience - Minimum Required or Preferred: Must have food preparation and hospitality experience; sales experience preferred
- Special Skills: Must be able to operate a computerized sales system. Must be able to perform basic math skills. Must understand and abide by the Kosher guidelines. Must be able to confidently interact with diverse population. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for food preparation in the snack bar area
- Responsible for inventory control in the snack bar area
- Clean and maintain cleanliness in the snack bar area at a level required for health department and safety standards
- Maintains and carries out kashruth standards and guides any others working in the snack bar so that all food is prepared under strictly kosher regulations
- General upkeep of all work areas including neat and orderly storage of equipment and supplies
- Responsible for all cash received in the snack bar area
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Columbus is a human service agency offering a varied program that is Jewish in nature. It is committed to enhancing the quality of individual and family life through the promotion of physical, intellectual and spiritual wellness. It provides educational and cultural programs that reflect the Jewish heritage, health related activities and many services to the community at large. Through its wide array of programs, the JCC pursues its mission of strengthening the individual, family and community.
The JCC nurtures a passion for Jewish learning and living. Through programs and services, the JCC provides comfortable and inviting environments in which the community can thrive.