Location and Job Title:
Director, Brenner Family Early Learning Center
Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg
3301 N Front St
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the Early Learning Center Director is a salaried and full-time position. The Director is responsible for the overall supervision and direction regarding school year operations of the ELC and its summer camp program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: compliance with DHS regulations; fulfilling requirements of Keystone STARS; recruitment and enrollment of students and supervising staff; instituting and maintaining best practices in early childhood education; and ensuring the teachings of Jewish values, traditions, culture and celebrations.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assume responsibility for all Center operations on an around-the-clock basis throughout the year; including participation in additional Jewish Federation/JCC community events.
- Provide a caring, nurturing environment for each child
- Evaluate the Center's current curriculum. Develop, implement, assist teachers with revisions
- Oversee the development and implementation of Judaic Curriculum
- Coordinate all activities of the early learning summer camp
- Evaluate the Center's current child evaluation tools and develop and oversee any revisions
- Recruit, supervise, train and evaluate teachers
- Facilitate classroom oversight and management
- Conduct yearly evaluations of all personnel, including formal classroom observations
- Organize professional development trainings for staff
- Prepare and facilitate annual DHS & Keystone Stars requirements & inspections
- Ensure teacher coverage and maintain required staff: child ratios; including serving in classrooms as needed due to absence of staff
- Maintain the Center's physical appearance (neat, clean and free of clutter)
- Develop, manage and adhere to annual budget
- Reviewing fees, salaries, and policies of other preschools in the area to remain competitive
- Develop, implement and enforce Jewish Federation/JCC and ELC policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with laws of Kashrut (Kosher food)
- Plan and run monthly ELC staff meetings
- Assist in scheduling and giving tours for perspective families, as well as follow up
- Oversee program growth
- Enhance and maintain strong relationships with teachers and families
- Communicate regularly and proactively with families and teachers
- Work with Accounting department regarding enrollment, billing and Child Care Network
- Attend Early Childhood Committee and other meetings as requested.
- Attend continuing education seminars and workshops as mandated by licenses and special program participation
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg offers a benefit package that includes health insurance, generous PTO for Jewish and federal holidays, and a free JCC membership.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in supervising staff, programming experience, management experience, project management experience and expertise in Early Childhood.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills.
- Understanding of the value and nature of the lay/professional partnership.
- A strong commitment to and understanding of Jewish communal life and institutions.
- An ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with other educators; including: coordinating, coaching, mentoring, and supervising educators
- Experiences in establishing warm, welcoming, and meaningful interactions
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with parents and teachers
- Ability to support teachers in the understanding of and learning about seamlessly integrating Jewish traditions and values within an educational context
- Ability to multi-task the pedagogical, relational, and administrative responsibilities of program direction and coordination
- Organized with attention to detail
At least one of the following:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and at least 1 year of experience with children and Director Credentials
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 2 years of experience with children
- An associate's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children
- An associate's degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 4 years of experience with children.
45,000 - 55,000
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Harrisburg is dedicated to providing social, cultural, recreational and educational opportunities for people of all ages throughout the greater Harrisburg area.
Programs and services offered within the Jewish Community Center range from Early Childhood to Fitness, Senior Adult Programming to Swimming, Summer Camp to Aerobics.