Location and Job Title:
Director of Development - Maternity Leave Contract
Miles Nadal JCC
750 Spadina Ave
Toronto, ON M5S 2J2
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and energetic individual to fill an 18-month maternity leave contract to provide oversight and management of all aspects of fundraising with a goal to increase revenue. The incumbent is responsible for the planning and implementation of a development strategy that is aligned with the MNjcc's mission, vision and values.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, the ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in fundraising, including annual giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation partnerships, and grants. The position serves as an integral part of a small Development Team and as a key member of, and advisor to, the senior leadership team.
Our ideal candidate must be proactive, highly organized and self-motivated to move plans into action. You will have the proven ability of building a portfolio of prospective donors resulting in new revenue and have demonstrated success in securing multi-year financial gifts from new partners and in upgrading existing donor commitments.
- Planning: Oversee the development of a comprehensive, donor-centric fundraising plan and manage all fundraising operations, advising on strategy to meet and exceed goals
- Major Gifts: Develop and implement successful strategies for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift donors and ensure a prospect pipeline and moves management system to track and grow the MNjcc's major gift goals
- Corporate & Foundations: Identify and build relationships with new and renewing corporate and foundation prospects and ensure the timely submission of requests
- Grants: Primarily responsible for working with management and staff to identify and complete grant applications that are aligned with the MNjcc's mission and vision
- Planned Giving: Move the MNjcc from its current responsive planned giving practices to a fully-fledged, proactive and robust Planned Giving program, creating an engaging stewardship and recognition program
- Communications: Work collaboratively and creatively with the Marketing and Communications department to appropriately position fundraising opportunities and to tell compelling stories, integrating messages in publications, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors
- Supervision: Coach, supervise and motivate 1.5 direct reports, colleagues and senior volunteers, to build a culture of philanthropy in the organization
- Reporting: Monitor and analyze progress towards established budget goals; recommend adjustments as required in order to meet targets
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent with 8+ years progressive development experience.
- Demonstrated track record managing/ growing diverse revenue streams in all aspects of fundraising
- Proven success in creating a clear development strategy with key measures/milestones and communicating it effectively, leading a team to make it a reality
- Previous record of building stewardship and donor relations approach, systems and processes that deepen current donor relationships and also supports the development and mobilization of a robust pipeline of new and appropriate prospects
- A collaborative team-player that has the ability to cultivate strategic partnerships with senior managers and community partners, leveraging programming to generate gift opportunities.
- Results-oriented, ensures data analytics and prospect management systems, database and processes are realized to their full potential to drive revenue expansion by developing and deepening relationships with prospective and existing donors, tracking and reporting on progress
- Have a deep knowledge of multi-channel fundraising communications and integrated marketing strategies and best practices with strong writing skills
- Strong management experience, with the ability to mentor, coach and supervise development professionals
- Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Teams, is preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector
- Reputation for transparency, integrity, and commitment and has values that are well aligned with those of the MNjcc.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is an 18-month maternity leave contract.
- Please note that under current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a remote work position until further notice.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience with an attractive benefit and vacation package that includes medical/dental, FREE MNjcc Fitness Centre membership, and program discounts.
- Anticipated start date in January 2021.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter to David Fielder at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27 with the subject: "Application: Director of Development".
- Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and that interviews may begin before the deadline.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; email@example.com; or in person by appointment.
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre (MNjcc) is a dynamic hub located in downtown Toronto. Over 54,000 people of all ages and backgrounds engage with the MNjcc each year to learn, be active, connect and participate through a wide range of educational, cultural and recreational experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all and welcomes an extensive cross section of Toronto's growing and dynamic population. Diversity and social inclusion are at the heart of everything we do at the MNjcc. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors.