Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of Schenectady
2565 Balltown Rd.
Niskayuna, NY 12309
A Floater is one who is responsible for working in multiple classrooms, depending on the need on any given day. A Floater should be comfortable working with many different age groups and be willing to have a flexible schedule. Available shifts, Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm & 12pm - 6 pm.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide age appropriate care for each infant or child
- Assist the Lead Teacher in planning and implementing the daily program of activities
- Follow the directions and assignments given by the ECE Director and/or Assistant Director
- Help to maintain a well-organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of the infants or children
- Remain in compliance with OCFS regulations
- Learn and understand how to work in the various ECE classrooms
- Observe each child daily to assess their skills, interests, and needs to facilitate learning and growth
- Establish a positive relationship with each child's family and share information about the child's day at the Center
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 6 months of paid or volunteer experience working with children
- Must demonstrate interest in working with young children, parents, and volunteers
- Must demonstrate success in working as member of a team
- Must have effective and strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Must demonstrate ability to work well with young children
- Possess a warm, loving, and nurturing personality
- Familiarity with NYS OCFS regulations preferred
- Must receive clearance by NYS OCFS at the time of hire
- Good physical condition and strength.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Able to walk, squat/kneel, and sit on the floor for extended periods of time
- Able to see, hear, and speak with children to ensure their health and safety
We offer competitive wages and free membership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. This job description is to be used as a guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the position. The job description may change at any time based on business needs and/or job reorganization.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As such, employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.