Location and Job Title:
Administrative Assistant, Bender ECC
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for the administrative tasks necessary for the preschool to operate efficiently
- This is a full-time, year-round position, 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday
- Along with the ECC Assistant Director, serve as the "Director of First Impressions," including answering incoming calls from parents and prospective parents with a polite and service-oriented affect, greeting school visitors, responding to basic parent inquiries, and maintaining a working knowledge of our programs and pedagogical approach to be able to provide tours for prospective families.
- Organize and maintain all student files, communicating with families about needed paperwork
- Maintain student immunization spreadsheet, student database, and class lists in Excel and, as needed, on Google Drive
- Support the work of the classroom teachers, including maintaining up to date class lists and attendance sheets
- Maintain inventory of, and order as necessary, school supplies, including food, paper goods, and teaching materials
- Address the needs of parents as requested
- Assist with carpool as needed
- Update and maintain our school calendar on our website.
- Keep our student and staff databases in shape by updating registrations and staff changes in a timely manner
- Serve as administrative assistant to the ECC Director, Assistant Director, and Pedagogista
- Support teaching staff with copying, laminating, and other administrative help as needed
- Cover teacher breaks and meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Google suite
- Strong interpersonal, verbal skills, and written communication skills
- Motivation to continue to learn about sound educational practices
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Know safety protocol and maintain a calm and professional demeanor even in stressful situations
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them
- Work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
- COVID-19 vaccination required
The Bender JCC of Greater Washington is one of the largest metropolitan JCCs in the country. Our mission is create a welcoming and inclusive environment, connecting the people of our Jewish community with each other, Israel, and the broader community. We inspire individuals of all ages and backgrounds to enhance their social, physical, intellectual and spiritual well-being through programs of excellence rooted in Jewish values.
The Bender JCC is a neighborhood a place to feel comfortable, make new friends and meet up with old friends. It is your place to schmooze, work out, learn a new skill, discuss a book, listen to a concert, see a film and much more.