You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Payroll & Benefits Associate
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll and
Benefits Associate is responsible for processing payroll on a semi-monthly
basis and maintaining employee records. Provide support to employees and
supervisors as needed. Download payroll reports and create new reports as
needed. Associate will be main point of contact for staff with respect to all
benefits administration and HR compliance.
- Responsible for processing employees' payroll on a semi-monthly basis, including seasonal increases during the summer.Review payroll registers in-depth for accuracy.
- Assist with maintaining records for Human Resources and compliance.
- Ensure all time and attendance records are up to date and accurate.Vacation, sick and personal time off is recorded properly.
- Maintain complete personnel records including terminations, department transfers, reviews and documentation.
- Download and maintain payroll and tax reports.
- Assist with year end audit, 403(b) audit and IRS reporting.
- Identify areas for process improvement, and implement changes as agreed upon with Director of Finance.
- Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, committees and special events.
- Embrace the mission and core values of the Stamford JCC and demonstrate commitment to those values in the execution of the job.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Director of Finance and CEO.
Recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm.Job involves a moderate degree of complexity, with the necessity of attention to detail and the ability to prioritize essential.Operates from established procedures but may have to use creativity in meeting the needs of the department or team member.Must be able to handle confidential information of our team members and customers with the utmost discretion.
Work is on premises, with some flexibility for remote environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Payroll Bookkeeping Experience
- Quickbooks (Desktop) and Paycom (Payroll), preferred
- Microsoft Excel and Word
$25,000 - $35,000
Stamford Jewish Community Center
1035 Newfield Avenue
Stamford, CT 06905