Location and Job Title:
Accounts Payable Specialist
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounts payable process, preparing daily cash reports, reconciling bank accounts and assisting other members of the finance team as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process vendor invoices with internal Purchase orders. Ensuring that proper procedures and approvals for purchases are followed.
- Generate accounts payable aging report.
- Prepare weekly check runs.
- Manage electronic payments and ensure posting to accounts payable system in timely manner.
- Verify vendors and maintain vendor master file.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Answering queries from vendors, contractors and internal departments about accounts payable or payments made.
- Maintain daily cash flow reports.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provides basic support and assistance to finance department.
- Assists Accounts Receivable and Membership staff with collection calls of delinquent accounts and expired credit cards.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Two-year degree preferred in accounting (experience can be substituted for education
- 2-3 years of experience with accounts payable or general accounting.
- Strong understanding of the debits and credits of accounts payable.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Friendly demeanor capable of communicating with external and internal customers.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple departments
- Strong analytic abilities
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center/Sanford L. Ziff Campus is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life and fosters the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its individual members through all of life's stages and circumstances.