Location and Job Title:
Preschool Teachers- Full-time w/ Benefits
Dave & Mary Alper JCC
11155 SW 112th Ave
Miami, FL 33176
Progressive preschool in Kendall - South West Dade County, is in search of educated and caring teachers and assistant teachers. All applicants must be caring, energetic, fun, and dedicated to education and the well-being of the children. All applicants must have early childhood experience. If you are looking for a school that inspires our youngest to be motivated life-long learners, then we are the preschool for you!
General - Attend to children's physical and emotional safety with a positive attitude and provide an environment of acceptance in which children can grow with a positive self-concept.
- Each teacher will develop the understanding that children learn by interacting with others in an intriguing environment that contains open-ended activities and materials.
- Pay close attention to children's play, engage in reflection and discussion about children's growth and learning, and respond to children's play themes and developmental themes.
- Plan and implement a balanced curriculum based on observation and reflection according to the school goals and philosophy.
- Document children's play and learning, including daily reflections, weekly newsletters, school app, and other vehicles implemented by the school.
- Attend to classroom management, including the flow of the day, group dynamics, and conflict resolutions.
- Nurture physical, spiritual, emotional, social, cognitive, and literary growth and development of each child.
Administrative & Classroom
- Read and maintain children's files including work samples, anecdotal notes, and other documentation.
- Establish and maintain a well-organized, clean, and safe healthy environment for children. Check materials, equipment, and supplies to see that amounts are adequate and that they are in good repair. Take preventative measures against hazards to physical safety. Care for and maintain equipment within the school.
- Communicate regularly with the supervisor, including all concerns regarding a child's progress.
- CDA (Child Developmental Associate Credential) or DCF Staff Credential or an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field. Employees who do not hold these credentials may be asked to pursue extensive education in the field of education or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in early childhood is preferred.
- Department of Children and Families approved 45-clock-hour introductory course in childcare or the educational exemption granted by the training coordinating agencies, when applicable.
- Meet Florida Department of Health requirements for teaching in an Early Childhood Learning Center.
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to acquire it.
- Must be able to safety lift children up to 35 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Strong English communication skills: oral, reading, and writing.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and substitutes and work in a teaching team.
- Judaic knowledge is a plus.
- Be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment and be willing to continually learn in the field of Early Childhood Education, including collaboration with specialists, coaches, and consultants
- Be willing to work in a team environment; be willing to collaborate with colleagues and members of the community.
Complete other tasks as assigned.
25,000 - 35,000
Located in sunny, beautiful Miami, Florida, the sprawling Alper JCC at The Jay Morton-Levinthal Campus lies in the heart of the suburb of Kendall, easily reached by many nearby transportation crossroads. Convenient and accessible, our Center provides many opportunities for the Jewish community and all south Miami-Dade County residents to enjoy recreational, educational, cultural and social activities.
Through our extensive facilities, we offer our Members and Non-Members the chance to meet and connect with individuals and families from all over. For fitness enthusiasts, our well-equipped Fitness Center is a great place to play racquetball with your family, train with a friend in the gym, or swim with a group in our Jr. Olympic pool. Our Youth and Adult Building, home to a wide selection of adult programs and our children's department offers the young and young at heart a place to gather and socialize. Also, our Sablotsky Cultural Arts Center hosts visual arts exhibits and performances for all ages and focuses on bringing quality, renowned Jewish artists, authors, and entertainers for the community to enjoy.
The Alper JCC is also home to many high-quality programs, each recognized for their excellence and commitment to the community. Our superb Quality Counts 5-Star Glen Greenstein Early Childhood Development Center offers families the perfect setting for their children, infants through preschoolers, to grow, learn, and appreciate Jewish heritage. For children, the Kids Connection After School Program provides a structured yet fun environment; and our summer camp gives campers the opportunity to grow and expand their horizons.
As a community agency, we strive to strengthen the Jewish community by promoting Jewish values, ethics and traditions through our programs and services. The Alper JCC invites you to become a Member today and take advantage all we have to offer.