Location and Job Title:
First Impressions Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Martin Pear JCC
12701 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Represent and support our administrative offices with various administrative duties. Initial point of contact with professional first impression greeting while directing individuals to appropriate department within the administrative offices. Answer and direct phone calls accurately and timely. Sustain a high level of professionalism representing the organizations. Self-motivated and drive to work independently and effectively during periods of high client activity and maintain a welcoming attitude at all times.
- REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES / CHARACTERISTICS: Superior customer service to include positive and friendly attitude. Attention to detail within any task given. Excellent communication skills. Type correspondence such as letters or emails with accuracy. Proficient computer and office equipment skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point & Publisher) as well as Office 365, SharePoint and other cloud-based applications. Ability to multi-task. Willing to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Acknowledge and welcome each individual as they come into the administrative reception area in a friendly, inviting manner and direct to appropriate staff / department while maintaining the secure nature of the administrative area. Direct flow of reception area traffic as needed.
- Word processing assignments. Including bulk mailing, preparation, inserting, create excel spreadsheet, mail merge function. Labeling, etc. with accurate spelling and punctuation.
- Correspondence - Donor letters, tribute cards, prepare letters
- Schedule appointments if needed
- Maintain strict membership and staff confidentiality
- Work closely with the management & staff to ensure efficiency and optimal delivery of assigned duties as needed.
- Maintain Community Calendar. Enter, approve, edit entries from community partners
- Prepare mailings utilizing mail merger function
- Perform other office duties as required. File, fax, scan and copy documents.
- Work on projects as assigned by departments
- Remain up to date on current events, activities, and programs on property.
- Keep reception and conference area neat and clean.
- Assist in ordering office supplies & inventory
- Send calendar updates to all monthly online and print calendars. Assist Marketing Team as needed.
- Special Event preparation as needed.
- Schedule conference rooms for meetings using the scheduling software program (resource scheduler).
- Support JCC, Federation & Campus with administrative assistance as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Minimum High School Diploma required; College degree preferred.
3-5 minimum years of office experience. Knowledge of Phoenix Jewish Community helpful.
25,000 - 35,000
The Martin Pear Jewish Community Center, fondly referred to as The J, is an inclusive community center that enriches physical, mental, and spiritual growth through relationships and an array of programs, including child development, youth, fitness, and social engagement. The J serves people of all ages, faiths, backgrounds, and abilities