Location and Job Title:
School Administrative Assistant
JCC of Mid-Westchester
999 Wilmot Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lisa Sisenwein at email@example.com
The Administrative Assistant greets visitors, answers phones, oversees building entry and security procedures, orders supplies and maintains records for our Toward Tomorrow Program for special needs students.
- Assist with drop-offs ensuring all students are taken off the buses and brought to their respective classes
- Assist with dismissal ensuring all students are picked up by either their guardians or school bus
- Act as a substitute in the classroom as needed, print referral packets, student's class placement and tracking available spots
- Act as a liaison between payroll and HR department ensuring that staff hand in documents needed.
- Organize staffing vacancies and direct substitute staff to where they are needed
- Secure annual reports from the teachers and therapists and ensuring that the districts and parents receive them on a timely manner
- Verify students' bus attendance for the bus company billing
- Collect attendance sheets and Enter student's attendance in the portal and the spreadsheet
- Communicate with school district personnel via email and phone
- Disseminate, collect and maintain all required documentation for all student files, including but not limited to IEPs, daily notes, quarterly progress notes, medical forms, prescriptions, evaluations, and intake forms.
- Coordinate schedules for annual review meetings, observations and outside evaluators
- Maintain a daily list of student absences and communicate absentee students to nurse for follow up
- Order classroom supplies under the direction of the Toward Tomorrow director and maintain a book of purchase orders and receipts
- Use the school's online parent communication system to communicate with families regarding day to day operations
- One year of administrative experience in a school setting.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills when interacting with children and adults
- A strong ability to multi-task and remain focused and good-humored under pressure
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
$35,000 - $45,000
JCC of Mid-Westchester (JCCMW) is a multi-generational center in Westchester. We support our community by offering outstanding human services, educational, cultural and recreational programs within and beyond our walls. Our programs are grounded in our Jewish values and we welcome all!