Location and Job Title:
Fitness Center Supervisor (Part-Time) 25 Hours/Week
Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 N Jerome Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402
The Fitness Center Supervisor is primarily responsible for directing, overseeing, supervising and maintaining the overall scheduling, supervision of fitness team and proper functioning of all health and wellness equipment. The Fitness Center Supervisor will be supervised by our Health and Wellness Director. Responsible for and is expected to maintain the highest standard of safety and cleanliness for the fitness facilities.
Discounted Childcare! Special discounts on Early Childhood Education Center Childcare Fees & Camp Tuition
FREE Fitness Center Membership
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Available for qualifying staff.
Paid Sick & Vacation Time Based on Full & Part Time Status
Discounts on JCC Programs & Services adhering JCC employee guidelines
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jccatlantic.org
- Oversee fitness center employees in their day to day work activities and assists when needed.
- Hire, schedule, and train staff. Maintain employee files.
- Supervise personal training staff including payroll and training session redemption.
- Work with membership department to on-board new members and complete fitness orientations.
- Delegate responsibilities to appropriate employees.
- Ensures the fitness floor is never left unattended and is maintained in a neat and organized fashion.
- Assist with and follow all guest, tour, and telephone inquiry procedures.
- Keep all forms, materials, and supplies stocked and readily available.
- Supervise and follow opening and closing procedures.
- Confers with members by telephone or in person to provide information about account, services, refunds, credits or obtain details of complaints.
- Keeps records of customer interactions using Daxko platform or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken. Obtains and examines all relevant information to access validity of complaints to determine possible causes.
- Refer unresolved member grievances to designated departments and supervisors.
- Complete payroll and maintain scheduling with approved hours.
- Prepare orders for the purchase of office supplies and supervises receiving of packages to the center.
- Establish and maintain fitness center equipment needs, repairs and servicing schedule.
- Develop and work with other staff to execute current and new programs designed to engage members.
The Fitness Center Supervisor is expected to be innovative, imaginative and provide a positive role model for members and other staff. They must be well organized, with the ability to create schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. It is understood that this position will require evening and weekend hours. This position requires independent judgment, initiative and the ability to work with people.
- 1-2 Years Managerial Experience.
- Certifications in: First Aid / CPR / AED
- Good working knowledge of Group Fitness, ACE/ACSM/NSCA qualifications a plus.
- Proven ability to manage fitness facility and staff
- Strong organizational skills, good communication skills, friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to work well with others toward a common goal.
- Continue with trainings and seminars relevant to the departmental needs and changing trends.
- Must have Covid-19 Vaccination
$25,000 - $35,000
The majority of our programming operates in the Milton and Betty Katz Jewish Community Center by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and its expansive beaches located at 501 N Jerome Avenue, Margate, NJ. We are a non-profit, and there are lots of room for growth and learning opportunities.
The mission of the Milton and Betty Katz JCC of Atlantic County is to foster an appreciation of Jewish identity, values and culture, to promote the health, education and welfare of our members, to strengthen Jewish family life, to build a sense of community and ensure Jewish continuity for our children, our children's children, and ourselves.
Here at the JCC we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcomed and valued.