Location and Job Title:
Stroum Jewish Community Center
3801 East Mercer Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040
The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing all facilities operations of the SJCC on Mercer Island, including advanced maintenance and repair, and for ensuring a safe, efficient, and pleasant environment for all employees, members, and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely inspect the property, looking for signs of damage and/or wear-and-tear and recognizing warning signs; assess repair options. Perform general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs, plumbing and electrical equipment, fire, and sprinkler equipment, H.V.A.C., landscape, carpentry, painting and equipment repair.
- Prioritize maintenance and repairs based on safety/security first, then on customer experience/organization image.
- Maintain a "life expectancy" list for major systems and develop and implement a plan to replace/upgrade either proactively or in such a way as to minimize down time when systems ultimately reach the end of their useful life.
- Manage activities of and oversee budget for the Maintenance team.
- Ensure that space design and furniture placement support organizational activities, including, but not limited to, room set-ups and take-downs, active storage and use of portable furniture to support meetings, events, performances, and all other SJCC and partner-related activities.
- Order and manage inventory of all supplies necessary to keep the SJCC facility fully operational.
- Identify, negotiate, direct, and supervise all vendors regarding repairs and modifications of the facilities, interior and exterior.
- Manage transportation including vehicle purchases, maintenance, and safety.
- Manage maintenance of health clubs to include spa and saunas; collaborate with Aquatics Manager to manage maintenance of pool.
- Ensure compliance with government requirements, including but not limited to health department (pool, spa, caf?), fire department, ADA (lift), renewing licenses on time and retaining and properly displaying those licenses.
- Manage all building scheduling, facility rentals, and room set ups.
- Act as first point of contact for facilities issues always (examples may include security alarm, power outage, weather impacts, system failure, etc.).
- Ensure the security, cleanliness, preventive maintenance, and repair of all engineering department tools, equipment, and safety features are in accordance with established procedures and budgets. Responsible for the proper treatment and care of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
- Document safety issues as well as physical plant deficiencies related to all guidelines.
- Ensure all maintenance and engineering storerooms and workspaces are kept in a clean and orderly manner, storing all tools, equipment, and spare parts in the proper location.
- Monitor work order volumes and turnarounds, notifying COO of any potential concerns.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of department documents and systems -policies and procedures, forms, templates, reports, and shared storage.
- Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines or scheduling needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position manages the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance and Custodial staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position also manages the vendor/contract relationships with vendors and rental customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; and three or more years of experience in facilities management; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Prior experience and/or current skills must include working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, landscaping, aquatics, and fitness center operations; strong vendor network and ability to leverage vendors and negotiate fees for best possible outcome for the SJCC; experience in creating and managing budgets; demonstrated ability to supervise and work successfully with staff, members, and the community at large.
Certificates and Licenses:
A valid driver's license and insurance and/or reliable transportation are required.
Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
At the SJCC, our mission is to create community spaces for all and to fulfill Tikkun Olam or our obligation to make the world a better place. We know that we cannot do this without providing inclusive opportunities for everyone and celebrating our differences. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SJCC Mission & Values
Since our founding in 1948, the Stroum Jewish Community Center of Greater Seattle has been a place where friendships form, traditions thrive, and community strengthens. From babies to Bubbies, we offer values-based programs that nurture a sense of belonging for people of all ages.
Together we create outstanding programs, partnerships, and spaces that welcome everyone to learn, grow, and celebrate Jewish life and culture.
SJCC Core Values
We aspire to be a beacon of LIGHT in our community:
Linked to those who have come before and those who will follow, we
Inquire with curiosity and struggle in the pursuit of understanding; with
Gratitude for life's greatness and joy, we live with
Hope for a better tomorrow and practice
Tikkun Olam, our obligation to make the world a better place.