Status: Full Time & Part Time Positions
Location: Queens High School of Teaching
STATEMENT OF THE POSITION
Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice, an individual hired as Social Worker in
the NYSED program portfolio of services will report directly to the Senior Director, High School & College Success and/or
1. Establish a rapport with all program participants. Assist them in identifying their educational and career goals; help them to formulate future plans.
2. Implement and conduct workshops on work readiness, career development, life skills, and student enrichment.
3. Recruit students; and conduct intake assessments and interviews.
4. Monitor the attendance, academic, and career progress of participants on assigned caseload.
5. Provide interpersonal group and individual counseling.
6. Provide necessary referrals and connections to community resources.
7. Provide support to participant's families and deliver a holistic approach to overcoming and eliminating barriers.
8. Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, contractor meetings, and staff development in order to support student progress.
9. Monitor and document student progress in various service areas (guidance and counseling, academic support, life skills, work readiness, college access and employment).
10. Conduct daily attendance and participation outreach to ensure success in all required program areas.
11. Assist with the recruitment of program participants annually and help to complete the enrollment and intake process.
12. Participate in ongoing professional case conferences, schedule site-based training as well as staff meetings, with agendas and attendance sheets.
13. Conduct regular visits to sites to provide participant support and to keep track of engagement.
14. Engage in school leadership meetings and youth development team meetings to help support in appropriate referral streams and supports for students. 15. Option to work summer months with our Summer Youth Employment Program pending job performance.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.