Location and Job Title:
Personal Trainer, Part-Time
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Aquatics, Fitness & Sport, the Personal Trainer is responsible for exercise advice and personalized training for clients on a one-on-one basis. The position is responsible for developing a fitness program to meet the specific fitness/physical needs of the client and for ensuring that equipment is used appropriately and for the desired purpose.
The J is seeking an experienced, Certified Personal Fitness Trainer to join our team. Must be passionate, motivated and customer service oriented.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
PAY RATE/STATUS: DOE / Part-time Non-Exempt
- Minimum 2 years Personal Training experience.
- Possess and maintain a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization such as ACE, NASM, ISSA, AFAA, NFPT, NETA, ACSM etc.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications must stay current.
- Self- motivated and passionate.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Dependable, patient, friendly, cheerful and professional.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must move easily around the classroom, gymnasium, building, deck, swimming pool, and field.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be physically fit to the level of demonstrating the movements and assisting clients and members.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. (fitness equipment) as required.
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.