Location and Job Title:
JCC CAMP COUNSELOR
Marjorie and Oscar Boonshoft - Center for Jewish Culture and Education
525 Versailles Drive
Centerville, OH 45459
The JCC is looking for energetic people who love working with kids, being role models, motivating campers and doing everything in their power to make each camper's summer experience the most memorable. Must be fun-loving, patient and genuinely concerned for the welfare and development of children. Must be available June 1-July 26, 2021.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Camp Director in planning and implementing age-appropriate, enriching and exciting camp programs and activities.
- Supervise campers between the ages of 5 and 12.
- Follow Camp Shalom and JCC policies and procedures.
- Be prompt to all work assignments and adhere to daily camp schedule.
- Attend pre-camp staff training and weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all camp staff and Jewish Federation staff.
- Share in the responsibility of setting up, cleaning up and maintaining all indoor and outdoor spaces and equipment.
- Recognize and respect all matters of confidentiality.
- Inform Camp Director of any issues with campers or staff.
- Contribute to weekly camp newsletter.
- Assist in the evaluation of co-counselors and CIT's.
Responsibilities to Children
- Supervise and engage with campers in structured and unstructured activities.
- Exhibit a high level of energy and enthusiasm, and a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for campers.
- Create a positive, inviting and inclusive environment for campers.
- Be able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
- Guide campers in learning healthy problem-solving skills including solving disagreements with other campers.
- Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions.
Responsibilities to Parents
- Respect the individuality of parents and families and be sensitive to the stresses they may be experiencing.
- Ensure that the communication with parents is open, respectful and confidential.
- Fingerprint and live scan (provided prior to orientation).
- CPR for Child and Adult and Basic First Aid (provided during staff orientation).
As an integrated Federation, the Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton encompasses Federation programs and activities, as well as those from the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Family Services (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation. Our structure provides leadership, management, and support for the entire organization.