Location and Job Title:
Resident Camp Director, Cedar Lake Camp at NJY Camps
21 Plymouth St
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Reports to Executive Director
Camp Size: 550-650 beds
Fairfield NJ is our winter office. Camp is located in Milford, PA.
- Ensure the safety and care of all campers throughout their camp experience.
- Manage all aspects of camp functions, including camp programming and activities.
- Lead all camper retention and recruitment activities to ensure camp occupancy goals are achieved
- Supervise the hiring and oversight of Cedar Lake Camp summer staff.
- Interface with Round Lake Camp Director to ensure special needs programmatic inclusion.
- Oversee all facility and grounds maintenance needs and work with facilities department to ensure all repairs and enhancements are made in a timely manner.
- Interface with winter maintenance staff.
- Communicate with NJY Camp Directors on specific camp hiring needs and work to develop plans to fill those positions appropriately.
- Assist NJY Camps staff with strategic and operational planning, as appropriate.
- Serve as an ambassador of the NJY Camps within the community.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Camp Director Experience, 6 to 10 years
- College degree or equivalent
- Ropes or Pool Management experience a plus
NJY Camps is an overnight camping organization with six camps. Cedar Lake Camp is located in Milford, PA and hosts campers entering 7th, 8th and 9th grades and also programs for Round Lake Campers in our special needs inclusion program for children of same age.