Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Camp Director is responsible for the development, implementation, and
management of JCCSF Camps, which take place over 18 weeks throughout the
year and serve over 1200 campers in grades K - 12. JCCSF camps provide a
safe place for children to learn and practice social skills, explore
their creativity, and expand their knowledge of Jewish values and
culture. The Camp Director's primary responsibilities are the
programming and execution of Summer Camp, ensuring the growth and
success of the year-round camp program, and working with children and
families of all cultures and backgrounds to provide a transformative
all aspects of a large summer camp: staff training, daily staff
meetings, weekly camper check-in, support for Preschool camps,
with the Assistant Camp Manager, hire, train, supervise and evaluate
all seasonal camp staff, totaling 80-100 employees during the summer,
including the creation of a Staff Training Week curriculum.
vision for camp programing and lead efforts in creating outcomes based
programming and appropriate evaluations. This includes leading efforts
in exploring and implementing new business and partnerships.
- Lead the program through the process for accreditation renewal by the American Camp Association.
- Build and track yearly camp budget against margins, including quarterly and monthly variance reporting.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to ensure the success of camp and a positive impact on the JCCSF:
with Marketing department to create innovative and inspiring marketing
collateral to attract new camp families, retain current camp families
and meet enrollment goals.
- Connect with the Finance department to create policies, timelines, and communications related to camp billing and finance.
- Plan with the Operations team to manage camp's impact on the building and to improve the quality of the camp experience
with Business Systems department to transition Camp programs into a new
registration system, including building forms, testing back end and
user experience and tracking reports.
with the Assistant Camp Manager, oversee the Youth Inclusion Program,
including staffing, grant reporting, data analysis, development
opportunities and research on best practices in the industry.
- Maintain partnerships with outside programs for 'year-round, camp experiences for kids, teens and families
- Minimum of two to five years' experience managing youth or family programs, preferably in a camp setting.
- Minimum of five years' experience working in camps.
- Strong supervisory skills, including the ability to inspire and develop young staff members.
- Extensive administrative and planning skills, including strong computer proficiency.
- Experience with budget development and administration required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi- tasking abilities.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group that includes JCCSF staff, parents, children, and the public.
- Ability to develop and implement creative, safe, and challenging programs for children, youth, and families.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and community, and previous experience in Jewish programming preferred.
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinker.
Hybrid work schedule (up to 50% remote) available during non-program portions of the year.
standing, walking, ability to lift and carry weights of up to 10-25
pounds. Reasonable accommodations to be considered as needed.
Benefited, exempt supervisory position
Full-time, year-round. Some weekend and evening hours required.
HEALTH & SAFETY
order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible,
all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19)
prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have
$85,000 - $95,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).